Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: A thought not allowed. [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Actually, "we" didn't do anything during the Crusades since they were in the 11th century.

" WE " (pissed off white prudish Europeans, that came for land , natural resoruces , to avoid taxes - Mad leaders & religious trouble makers. demonstrate our skill in manufacturing steel weapons to kill native people & animals, run at a higher speed /drive compared to those lazy Europeans that eat dinner for 4 hours, sipping wine.
That would be US.
Last edited by: Helitech: Aug 13, 04 4:59
Quote Reply
Re: A thought not allowed. [Helitech] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
" WE " (pissed off white prudish Europeans, that came for land , natural resoruces , to avoid taxes - Mad leaders & religious trouble makers. demonstrate our skill in manufacturing steel weapons to kill native people & animals, run at a higher speed /drive compared to those lazy Europeans that eat dinner for 4 hours, sipping wine.
That would be US. "

That's the same crap thinking that says "we" kept slaves, and "we" held women down, and "we" slaughtered the American Indians. I personally didn't do any of those things, so you can leave me out of that "we".

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's the same crap thinking that says "we" kept slaves, and "we" held women down, and "we" slaughtered the American Indians. I personally didn't do any of those things, so you can leave me out of that "we".

I have a viking branch that got lost ,in the rape & pilaging ( god knows what fun they had ) Most of my family came over after the war, so the best we could do,, is steely eyed looks wondering if they were, a Holocausti or holocauster,

Perhaps they erased your memory ,on your last alien abduction, since your off the" WE "list.
Last edited by: Helitech: Aug 14, 04 5:05
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I didn't understand a word of your last post.

Slowguy

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Your not taking any reasonability or acknowledging, you heritage, family history, immigration, wars, as group / extended family. If you can't link your heritage to any of these acts or movements I apologize , I think. since your not a "we".
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"Your not taking any reasonability or acknowledging, you heritage, family history, immigration, wars, as group / extended family."

How am I responsible for the actions of people who came before me, whom I never knew? It is impossible to be responsible for the past.

"If you can't link your heritage to any of these acts or movements I apologize , I think. since your not a "we"

I'm sure that someone in my family tree somewhere had a slave, or oppressed a woman, or something, I just don't see how I am in any way responsible for their actions. The unfortunate fact is that although the evil men do lives after them, the responsibility has to die with the perpetrators. No amount of me feeling bad is going to erase the effects of the past.

Slowguy

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"Your not taking any reasonability or acknowledging, you heritage"

OK, try this on for size: I'm Irish - the KKK used to chase my grandfather. My people never owned slaves, but they were treated like crap.

It's not about what happened in the past, it's about what's happening now, and what will happen in the future. I don't owe reparations to anybody, and I don't think anybody alive today is due reparations from anyone else in the US. That's not how you move forward.

TODAY, there is opportunity for everyone. What each person makes of it is up to him or her.

Cousin Elwood - Team Over-the-hill Racing
Brought to you by the good folks at Metamucil and Geritol...
Quote Reply
Re: A thought not allowed. [Cousin Elwood] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey , tell it to the holocaust survivors , african land return , The reality is the guilt is meaningless , Show me the money. Which I am not big on. All is fair in love and war in my book, Its not what you and I think its that PC world .

On a positive side aren't you thankful to your "kin" who got you here ,away from the potato famine & getting shot by englishmen, your DNA was along for the ride. All those stepping stones of good or bad are meaningless in getting you to where you are now.
Last edited by: Helitech: Aug 15, 04 6:54
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"On a positive side aren't you thankful to your "kin" who got you here?"

I am. The PC crowd can kiss my yaktabay. If anyone offered me reparations, I'd be too proud to accept it anyway...

And too stupid; I'm Irish!

Quote Reply
Re: A thought not allowed. [Cousin Elwood] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cousin Elwood wrote "The PC crowd can kiss my yaktabay" Hey isnt that an Otis Redding song , Sittin by the yaktabay ,,,watching the tide, roll away ,,,, ooew.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"isnt that an Otis Redding song"

Nah, Otis had some interesting words that he made up, but that one was from Andy Kaufman as Latka on the old Taxi show.

Quote Reply
Re: A thought not allowed. [Mr. Tibbs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I suspect blowing people up is a good way to breed more terrorists rather than get rid of them. I think the USA is seen by the people of many nations as a corrupt, meddling, bully boy rather than the benevolent uncle that it thinks it is.
To restrict the growth of terrorism you need to look to see what the real cause is rather than just trying to kill them all off. You only have to look at N.Ireland and Israel to see that the heavy handed approach breeds resentment and yet more terrorists.
I respect the USA had a just right to seek out and destroy Al Quieda and have no qualms about hunting down this and other such organisations. But the reality is until you can alter the perspective of the people who hate the US more will just join up.
Quote Reply
Re: A thought not allowed. [lebusqp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"ou only have to look at N.Ireland and Israel to see that the heavy handed approach breeds resentment and yet more terrorists. "

Unfortunately, I think it takes decades of dealing with those problems before you start to learn that lesson. I'm afraid we're in for a "long hard slog" on this one.

Slowguy

Quote Reply
Answer is NO, check out Bali or being a foreign worker [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
in Saudi.

Another attack is probably inevitable, the British had, apparently, a shoot to kill policy (allegedly) but that did not stop the IRA in Brighton, Hyde Park, Docklands, Manchester (was there at school for that one).

I dont think terrorists find the threat of "over-whelming" force that intimidating as you actually have to find them to overwhelm them.

What is interesting however is how this is being played out politically...........
Quote Reply
Re: A thought not allowed. [Mr. Tibbs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mr. Tibbs wrote:
Could the threat from terrorism be overstated? Is it possible that 9/11 was a giant push that terrorist groups really can't top? Could, god forbid, the action the world has taken against international terrorism working and we have in fact really smashed those fuckers so hard they are almost powerless?

I don't know. Just wondering.

I don't think so.

#WeAreTheForge #BlackGunsMatter

"Look, will you guys at leats accept that you are a bunch of dumb asses and just trust me on this one? Please?" BarryP 7/30/2012
Quote Reply
Re: A thought not allowed. [CruseVegas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CruseVegas wrote:
Mr. Tibbs wrote:
Could the threat from terrorism be overstated? Is it possible that 9/11 was a giant push that terrorist groups really can't top? Could, god forbid, the action the world has taken against international terrorism working and we have in fact really smashed those fuckers so hard they are almost powerless?

I don't think so.
Nice thread resurrection.

I miss YaHey
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
it absolutely is over-stated. and i was on the forum in 2004.
Quote Reply
Re: A thought not allowed. [justgeorge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
justgeorge wrote:
CruseVegas wrote:
Mr. Tibbs wrote:

I don't think so.

Not timely. Isn't resurrection more Easter than Christmas?
Quote Reply
Re: A thought not allowed. [Rambler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rambler wrote:
justgeorge wrote:
CruseVegas wrote:
Mr. Tibbs wrote:

I don't think so.

Re-birth would have been better.

I so enjoy reading through the old threads. Seeing who has come and gone who still think they are the smartest in the room.
Quote Reply
Re: A thought not allowed. [Old Hickory] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Old Hickory wrote:
Rambler wrote:
justgeorge wrote:
CruseVegas wrote:
Mr. Tibbs wrote:

I don't think so.

I so enjoy reading through the old threads. Seeing who has come and gone who still think they are the smartest in the room.

Same here,,,, I wonder if we should have a vote for the smartest Lava Room Man,,,, all us old white dudes know it can't be a female, right? So who do you think? BarryP, Slowguy,,,, it has to be one of those two, because neither has ever been wrong, right? A fitting acronym should go along with it.

#WeAreTheForge #BlackGunsMatter

"Look, will you guys at leats accept that you are a bunch of dumb asses and just trust me on this one? Please?" BarryP 7/30/2012
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
CruseVegas wrote:
Old Hickory wrote:
Rambler wrote:
justgeorge wrote:
CruseVegas wrote:
Mr. Tibbs wrote:

I don't think so.

Same here,,,, I wonder if we should have a vote for the smartest Lava Room Man,,,, all us old white dudes know it can't be a female, right? So who do you think? BarryP, Slowguy,,,, it has to be one of those two, because neither has ever been wrong, right? A fitting acronym should go along with it.

They know who they are...
Quote Reply

Prev Next