Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

DeSoto 400 mile short?
Quote | Reply
Do any of you own these? What are they like? I have a new pair of DeSoto Forza Tri shorts, and the 'pad' seems like it's just nothing - which is fine for shorter races.

I was going to try them for my long rides and whatnot, but I admit I'm skeptical. I have an older model of DeSoto's tri short and I've used them successfully up to half IM distance. I can see the Forza tri short doing the same.
For my last IM I used my Pearl Izumi microsensor short for the bike leg. In general, I seem to be more comfortable with a more substantial pad on my bike.

Anyway, I'd appreciate any input on the 400 mile short. No stores around here carry the DeSoto stuff, so I can't really go check them out somewhere. I was simply trying to figure out if there was something I could wear for the entire race, or at least swim and bike, so it would be one less thing to deal with on race day.
Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: DeSoto 400 mile short? [determination] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They're AWESOME! Very comfortable...I bought a pair last summer and won't ride in anything else...well except in a race. I like the Desoto tri shorts for racing...as comfy or more so as any tri short out there
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I must say I've tried mine 2x- one ride was 2.5 hrs the other was 4 hrs and I can't stand them... well, I can't stand much padding is what I've come down to- I do love my Pearl shorts for longer rides-they seem to be the happy medium but I'm actually grabbing tri shorts now for all my rides. The 400 mile shorts just have too much padding for me and I'm sure I've got the right size.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I like them. They are very well made. But I like my Shebeest (Elite Distance and SSS) shorts better. Something about how the cut and the chamois fits my body shape. It's impossible to know what'll work till you try them on, IMO.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have 2 pair. I wear nothing else. I threw my Shebeast and Pearl's away!!! My husband loves the men's version. I like a thicker pad than a tri short. That being said... shorts are very personal...it takes several tries to find a pair you like. Good Luck
Quote Reply
Re: DeSoto 400 mile short? [Susan hu] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I LOVE mine! Wear them on all my long rides, and some of my short rides too!

And they also happen to be my "skinny" shorts... kinda like skinny jeans. I put them on and think "Man I look skinny in these!!" hehe

Come crawling faster
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have both the tri short and the 400 mile short. I did a half yesteday in the tri short (they are awesome). I have also done long rides/transition runs in the 400 mile short. i thought the thicker pad would bother me on the run but i didn't notice it a all - it stays put so you don't get the feeling you are running with a full diaper.

Really great products. I am replacing my other brand of tri/bike shorts with them one pair at a time.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm gonna sell mine; tried again to ride in them, got down the street and returned to change shorts- ugh-they just are NOT right on me- I"ll be putting them in the classifieds
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
These shorts were fantastic. I did the 2007 Qualcomm Million Dollar Challenge from San Fancisco to San Diego, 600 mile/6 days. Granted we had to stop halfway through becasue of the fires, but they were the most comfortable pair of shorts ever.
Quote Reply