Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Talon SL
Quote | Reply
My LBS has just rolled out a new Talon SL onto their floor which just happens to be my size. I'm not really in the market for a new road bike, but this thing is really sweet. Anyone have experience with one yet? Anyone looking at upgrading their orignal Talon for the SL?
Quote Reply
Re: Talon SL [TriBriGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does anyone have any experience with the original Talon? The idea of getting an Ultegra equipped, well built, carbon bike for under $2500 is enticing. Of course first and foremost, the bike would have to fit!;)

Litherland
Quote Reply
Re: Talon SL [litherland] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a 2002, therefore not an SL. It's a GREAT road bike. It almost works for me as a tribike...just not quite. I can't imagine that the SL would be anything less than excellent as a road bike.

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur
(That which is said in Latin sounds profound)
Quote Reply
Re: Talon SL [ktalon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just curios how your Yaqui compares to the Talon. I know ones road and the other Tri, but how about ride comfort, BB stifness, handling etc.
Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Talon SL [Luntzy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just rode the Yaqui Carbo hard today for the first time. It is surprisingly stiff feeling on the road, although on the trainer it felt like it would be whippy. I will say that I think the Yaqui soaks up bumps better. Which is surprising to me. I mean road noise bumps as well as the bigger bumps. I'm really impressed with the Yaqui, it is the best handling Tri-geometry bike I've ever ridden. I don't think I'll part with the Talon...in fact, I may train on it as my main bike since I can ride it in road geometry form, and ride the Yaqui once a week for the TT form. Too early to tell, yet. The SL Talon would seem to be even more comfortable than the comfortable Talon, though...I just don't know this for a fact.

Quote Reply
Re: Talon SL [TriBriGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a talon, what is the difference between the 2002 and the SL? Haven't been keeping up with it.
Quote Reply
Re: Talon SL [textrirunner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The SL is made with the EMS carbon...it's lighter, and a little more expensive.

Quote Reply