Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: do you bike alone? [gumby10] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yes. i do most of my training alone, because it is really hard to coordinates rides with different class schedules here at college. if i do ride with people, its with groups of guys or my boyfriend, which is fine but makes it a hard ride for me. I bring a cell phone and know how to fix my bike, and am probably less concerned about my safety than most.

"What am I on? I'm on my bike busting my ass for six hours a day. What are YOU on?" - Lance Armstrong
Quote Reply
Re: do you bike alone? [flyer521] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I run and ride on my own most of the time but I won't do an open water swim by myself. I run and ride slower than my other athlete friends and I always feel guilty asking them to come along because I know they aren't getting in a great workout with me.

When I run by myself on a trail I never wear headphones. We have cougars and bears out here not to mention the occasional creepy guy. I want to be sure I hear them coming at me. There is a very populated public trail that I'll use them on but I make sure I can hear my feet so I can hear theirs too.

I ride through a suburban area when I ride alone. I get started at 6am to avoid traffic which helps. I live in the sticks and I worry about resentment of cyclists out here even though there are lots of us. The roads have no shoulders and I always worry about being run off the road by someone with a gun rack and a squirrel tail flapping from the antenna. I never ride with headphones. A friend of mine does and I just don't understand it. Seems way too unsafe to me.

Regardless of what I'm up to, my husband always knows my route and I always have my cell phone, ID and insurance info with me. I figure if I can't prevent an attack I want whoever finds me to be able to identify me and let my husband know whatever condition I'm in.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply

Prev Next