Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Ladies what are you doing post swim to recover (your looks) [redrunningshoe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This has really helped out household. We have installed an aquasana shower filter. The water here is high in chlorine (you can smell it in our home shower, it smells like the pool!) and it really helps my skin feel softer and has cleared up my husband's dandruff.

At the pool, afterwards I use a couple of products from Origins. Dr. Andrew Weil's mega mushroom face serum and then follow it up with an application of Youthtopia moisturizer.
I found these two products by going immediately to the store after swim practice and asking the sales lady to help me with my face being so dry! That way we tried several different products, on my face exactly how it is after the pool.
Quote Reply
Re: Ladies what are you doing post swim to recover (your looks) [TriNavy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Aveda Detox is gold.

I also use the Aveda Colour Conditioner and the All-Sensitive oil. I add a couple drops of the oil into my regular body lotion and the results are great. I use Estee Lauder products on my face.
Quote Reply
Re: Ladies what are you doing post swim to recover (your looks) [trailbait] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chimeing in way late (sorry didn't read all the posts). Have been working in the spa industry for 16 yrs so have tried everything. Bottom line is finding what works for you - just because its expensive doesn't make it the best (but wouldn't go low end on products either) read the labels and look up anything you don't understand.
- absolute MUST: wet hair down BEFORE going in (this helps to peserve hair color and keep it from being fried)
- deep hair conditioner every 6 weeks like clock work
- tons of internal water
- full body lotion (anything with lemon to cut the scent - lemon as a base then something aromatherapy to help cover chlorine)
- can't tell you about the body products I use they are for professional purposes only and still not sure what I like best (they are a tad bit stronger than over the counter)
- I do a full body exfolliation (sp?) treatment minimum of once a quarter by someone else, and often up to 3xs/week in the shower instead of body wash (jurlique $55-70/bottle this lasts about 2 months). Seaweed/kelp (prefer something French aka Thalasotherapy) scrub is excellant to make the skin all silky. Mud wrap anywhere from 2-4xs/year (helps with muscle soreness - prefer the cold mud for post hard runs). Prefer going to a high end spa that uses high end products -something Italian- but will settle for Pevonia aromatic mud if I don't have time.
- for goggles: jurlique eye cream (think its $90 a bottle and lasts at least 6 months) just pat it under the eyes and not rub it in.
- natropathica pumpkin seed scrub/mask for the face at least 2xs/week (think $35 a container and go through this about every 3 months)
- lotion for the face whatever your aren't allergic to.
the only other thing I can think I do as an extra step is leave in conditioner while my hair is wet and a quick run through with my fingers to prevent knots.
Quote Reply
Re: Ladies what are you doing post swim to recover (your looks) [PC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have tried every single type of goggle to try to thwart the "goggle eye" and TYR Socket Rockets are the best by far. They still do give a little bit of a ring, but at least I don't look quite as haggard and horrific as I have in the past after long swims.

As for the hair, I have been using (and loving, lately) this stuff called "WATER GEAR SWIM & SPORT" shampoo/bodywash and conditioner (2 separate products...) Smells good, removes ((most)) of the chlorine odor, and makes my hair soft! :)

I think the chlorine seeps into the skin, though... there's no way to get it all the way out. I smell like bleach and my boyfriend does too. Bah!
Quote Reply

Prev Next