Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

anyone interested in the conventions?
Quote | Reply
ok, I'll post the first real political thread? Anyone at all interested in watching the conventions? I already know which way I am going and I don't expect any great revelations. Maybe they'll surprise me, but I doubt it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: anyone interested in the conventions? [frogonawire] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hell no, made my mind up a long time ago

but then again the only time I turn on the TV is to watch bike racing on OLN.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"on your Left"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No, I'm close-minded to all opinions except my own. ;)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not really since I'm a foreigner, but I saw some coverage of the security on the news last night. Shit loads of body armour, and *tracked* vehicles driving around... you guys look to have a bit of a police state going there?
Quote Reply
Re: anyone interested in the conventions? [WebSwim] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Re the "police state": the DNC was one of the "potential terrorist targets" that the Department of Homeland Security named recently when warning us that something's up, but they don't know what, when, or where. Which is fine by me (their lack of specific knowledge, I mean. It's a huge job.)

As far as interest, I don't pay much attention to election-year stumping. The conventions are little more than politicians and celebrities(!) listening to themselves talk. I pay close attention to what people do, and put little, if any, stock in what they say.
Quote Reply
Re: anyone interested in the conventions? [GJB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, it is a bit of a police state these days here in the good old USofA. Complete with "free speech zones".

I think foreigners should take a large interest in our presidential election. We are deciding who gets to be the most powerful man in the world. It has a lot to do with your nation who we choose.
Quote Reply