Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Post Ride Bike Rituals
Quote | Reply
What are your favorite post ride bike cleaning rituals? I know of some who wait until the chain looks like a belt (no space between the links), others who practically detail the bike after every ride.
Quote Reply
Re: Post Ride Bike Rituals [mb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I clean my bike like I clean my car; whenever I have a date (race) or when it starts to affect performance.
Quote Reply
Re: Post Ride Bike Rituals [mb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm in the super anal category. Unless it was a really short or clean ride, the chain gets a bath, the frame gets washed or wiped down and most everything gets lubed. It's worked so far - never had a mechanical or a flat in a race (knock on wood...)

"To give less than your best is to sacrifice the gift." - Pre

MattMizenko.com
Quote Reply
If you take care of your bike, your bike will take care of you. [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm pretty good about taking care of my bikes and keeping them clean. It makes them last longer, run better, keeps the resale high and makes them look nice. I feel bad when I see anice bike all dirty and nasty looking. A few minutes preventive maintenance can go a long way.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: If you take care of your bike, your bike will take care of you. [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ABout 80% of the time a wash and check tires for cuts and quick wiped down with lemon pledge -- works great. Started washing each time when I read the Postie's mechanics id themselves as "glorified bike washers."
Quote Reply
Re: If you take care of your bike, your bike will take care of you. [Chappy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i treat mine like a baby. give it a full wash and clean the chain after just about every ride.....

QUESTION: I have it on the trainer for the winter, and i have a sweatnet and a towel over the handle bars. I give it a clean on the surface after every ride. About every how many rides should i give it a complete overhaul. ie headset..... i want to keep it in top working order.
Quote Reply
Re: If you take care of your bike, your bike will take care of you. [P2kman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How do you guys have time to clean your bike during heavy training? I'm scrambling just to get my workouts in!
Quote Reply
Re: If you take care of your bike, your bike will take care of you. [Mac] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i dont know about anyone else, but i am still in high school, and i only work a part time job (naturally to support the habit), so i have a lot of free time.
Quote Reply
Re: If you take care of your bike, your bike will take care of you. [P2kman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm in High School too, but my bike is in such bad shape that no amount of care in the world could help it. I think I may replace the chain and oil it up a bit, but other than that...I got it for $5 at a goodwill store. I want to get a better bike, but as a lot of the guys here have said, its best ot work on our bods before our bikes. I think I'll get a new bike come summer. I decided that I should get up to 16MPH for a 26 mile ride before making a serious investment. Hopefully I'll get one about 15 pounds less than my current 38LBS beast.
Quote Reply