Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

pictures of rear bottle set up please
Quote | Reply
Hi

Anyone out there have a good bottle setup photo to share. I just bought a storck aero and it has no bottle mounts on the frame. Bars are zipp vukas, so I can get a bottle on the bars. The saddle has narrow seatbars and the old xwing will not fit on it. Also, there is a seat tube sleave the fits right under the seat, so anything that mounts on a seat tube will not work.

Any advice on Flatwing, or hydrotail? what did Torbjorn use? did he have a spare tubie?

would also like to make sure that a spare tubular ( or two ) plus co2, leaver and adapter can be tucked in there pretty aero too.

Really appreciate any photo's you can offer.
Quote Reply
Re: pictures of rear bottle set up please [mitchapalooza] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have an Xlab Flatwing. Pretty sure you can just bend it inward to fit narrower saddle rails.

------------------
My business-eBodyboarding.com
Quote Reply
Re: pictures of rear bottle set up please [TriBodyboarder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is the clear advantage of the Flatwing over the Hydrotail. I own both and prefer the Flatwing because it can go on any number of saddles with wide or narrow rails. The carbon of the Flatwing has a breaking point.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Double water bottle + profile up front for training is plenty, race setup is a little different. A tubular would go on the underside(between bottom and seatpost) and you can use the straps from beaker concepts to strap it in(email andrew and he'll give you the info). I use rubber bands around my cages and that keeps the bottles in place no matter what. Ive crashed before(frontflip over the bars)and the bottles were still in the cages :) xlab adapter for your co2 stuff
http://i23.tinypic.com/2h6c3m8.jpg
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm sure it's not aero but it works for me because I can put a saddle bag with no problem.

Quote Reply
Re: pictures of rear bottle set up please [auto208562] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks a ton for the posts guys. that helps a lot actually.

cheers
Quote Reply
Re: pictures of rear bottle set up please [auto208562] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had a setup similar to that, but the damn bolts that connect it to the saddle kept breaking or coming loose - incredibly aggravating in the middle of a long ride. I recently junked it and I'm looking for something else.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did you try a basket?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I took an old Specialized single bottle mount system and did not use the actual bracket that attaches to the seat rails. I used only the bottle mount half and screwed it directly into the plastic part of the saddle. The only draw back is it only holds one bottle, but the bottle cage and bottle are dead against the rear of the seat and is very aero. It sits at about a 45 degree angle backwards. If I need a second bottle I mount an old Zipp carbon cage with zip ties between the aerobars, ala VisionTech, and put another bottle up front.

Paul
Quote Reply
Re: pictures of rear bottle set up please [Cassidy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've seen certain pro albino triathletes use the bento basket...

Last edited by: mike_h: Oct 19, 07 7:52
Quote Reply
Re: pictures of rear bottle set up please [mike_h] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You just made my ice tea take a different way trough my nose...
Quote Reply