Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

need to shave some time
Quote | Reply
help me out. I have a cannondale r600 63cm. I upgraded everything but the shifters, handlebar and fork. I have airstryke aerobars clipped on. I CUT the aerobars to separate them for better comfort. I'm riding shimano 7700 wheels, soon I'll have a disc on the back. My questions are, how much time could I save if I swithced the cannondale curved fork for the Profile ACD or BCD? I'm also wondering if it would be a time saving to switch the handlebars to the bullhorn type. Since I have the aerobars on the bike, I don't use the drops. I've seen pro's in triathlete mags just put there brakes/shifters on the bullhorns. If I want to ride with a group, I have another bike to ride.

Olen
Quote Reply
Re: need to shave some time [muscle.boy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
According to Cobb/Martin in the book "High Performance Cycling", a top aero fork will save about thirty seconds or so over a standard fork on 40 kms.

According to the vision tech site, bullhorn with clip on is about ten seconds faster than drops/clip on over 40 kms. I assume his is on a flat course. With hills the drops may be faster due to the more variable hand positions while climbing or descending.
Quote Reply