Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Slowman (aka Dan Empfield) visits Mission Bay Multisport!
Quote | Reply
For those of you in the gray midwest who would like to meet Dan Empfield "up close and personal", he will be visiting Mission Bay Multisport in Elgin, IL on Saturday, March 15 and Mission Bay in Chicago on Sunday, March 16. Come meet and talk to Dan. Pick your subject - training, pets, bikes, politics, poetry, quality wines, bike positioning...Mission Bay's open house is sponsored by Chicago Athlete Magazine and will host, besides Dan, manufacturers from many popular bike brands (including Phil White from Cervelo). Don't let the weather hold you back! See you there. For more information see the Mission Bay website (www.missionbaymultisport.com) or call 847-888-3340.
Quote Reply
Re: Slowman (aka Dan Empfield) visits Mission Bay Multisport! [wwl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I advise against taking Dan's tutilage about pet care. His dogs run his house and entire environs. It is a K-9 madhouse. His poor cats (my phylum of preference) have been relegated to a self-imposed exile in his garage and consigned to a life of ruthless predation. It is a most chaotic menagerie frought in mammilian riot.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: Slowman (aka Dan Empfield) visits Mission Bay Multisport! [wwl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Will there be any other companies represented aside from Cervelo?
Quote Reply
Re: Slowman (aka Dan Empfield) visits Mission Bay Multisport! [Kristi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Aside from Cervelo there will be manufacturer's reps from Quintana Roo, Litespeed, and Zipp.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
OK, I think I know what the first "w" stands for in the signature, and perhaps the final "L", but I wonder what the middle "w" stands for? ;-)

Hello WWL, and good luck with your March Madness Tri Extravaganza.

~ Craig
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bad news for Phil White fans, he won't be coming to Chicago this weekend due to conflicting schedules. Chicago will have to settle for me at the Mission Bay open house.

Gerard Vroomen
3T.bike
OPEN cycle
Quote Reply
Re: Slowman (aka Dan Empfield) visits Mission Bay Multisport! [gerard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Giddy up...Sounds like a good day in Elgin. Do any of you have any rides or runs planned?
Quote Reply
Re: Slowman (aka Dan Empfield) visits Mission Bay Multisport! [pjl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Weather permitting there will be a ride outdoors at 7:30am Saturday morning from the Elgin store. The weather forecast for the weekend in Chicagoland is high 50's to low 60's but at 7:30am it will probably be more like 40, so bring your warm riding clothing. This is a Mission Bay Tri Club sponsored event.
Quote Reply
Re: Slowman (aka Dan Empfield) visits Mission Bay Multisport! [valg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are Dan and Gerad riding?
Quote Reply
Re: Slowman (aka Dan Empfield) visits Mission Bay Multisport! [pjl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They are certainly welcome to ride, but have said nothing so far!
Quote Reply