Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Need help with installation...
Quote | Reply
I have just acquired some new toys to add to my bike. Couple of questions...

First item on the list is an X-LAB Flatwing. For those of you who are familiar with these, there are 2 mounting arrangements for these to mount to the saddle. One arrangement would be for you to mount the Flatwing on the horizontal part of the saddle rails (just behind the seatpost clamp), and the other mounting arrangement would be for the Flatwing to be mounted on the inclined part of the rails on the back of the saddle. I have a Selle San Marco Era saddle and niether of these arrangements PROPERLY fit the rails. When installed, the Flatwing looks like it is tilted. The water bottle end of the flatwing is lower than the mounting location. Do any of you guys have this problem? I've seen pictures of other bikes with the Flatwing and have never seen drooping it like mine. I think its the saddle rails that are made at a different angle. I'm tempted to just drill a new hole in between the 2 existing holes to get the right position. What do you guys think..?

Second item is my C2 aerobars. Its all mounted and feels really comfy. Only problem is that there were 2 clear plastic thingies (about 4" long each) that came with the packaging. There is no mention in the entire installation manual about this item. I am guessing that the gear cables fits into these and they go under handlebar tape. Is this the right assumption..?

Paul..
Quote Reply
Re: Need help with installation... [Paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As to the C2 issue, you're right, those long plastic things that look like centipedes are for protecting the shifter cables under your bar tape.

No idea on the XLab, sorry.

T
Quote Reply
Re: Need help with installation... [Paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I haven't used my flatwing in quite some time. But, on my flite seat, it went right where the rails bend. I don't remember which set of holes I used. It was flat and not angled. Several people that I knew angled theirs by choice.

Brandon Marsh - Website | @BrandonMarshTX | RokaSports | 1stEndurance | ATC Bikeshop |
Quote Reply
Re: Need help with installation... [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks guys...

Right now, I have the Flatwing installed at the elbow of the rails. Thats the only way I've found to actually mount it, without it looking awkward. It just bothers me to know that it was not a 100% clean fit.

As for the centipede looking thing... I am not running bar end shifters, but i am planning to put it under the bar tape on the front of the C2's to get that ergo feel.

I'm still open to suggestions on the Flatwing.

Paul..
Quote Reply