Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

anyone riding the P2k shallow ??
Quote | Reply
with drops and sti ? Does anyone really use the P2k for UCI races since it is legal. I'm just curious . . .
Quote Reply
Re: anyone riding the P2k shallow ?? [JeffJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A fiend of mine is riding his P2K this way. He's tall with his height mostly in the long legs. He had a professional fitting and when they measured his power while on the trainer, this was where he was the most powerful. He's also has a long history of roadie riding so didn't like the steep angle at all. This guy runs sprint du's and wins his AG every single time out, so it obviously works for him.
Quote Reply
Re: anyone riding the P2k shallow ?? [JeffJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm going about 76 degrees on my P3 when I get it. Dan Empfield, Gerard Vrooman and a few others I trust took a look at my position at the first FIST clinic and they mentioned that 76 degrees (which is where I was to begin with) is where I need to be. Ves Mandaric of Yaqui also looked at my dimensions and said that was where I needed to be. No reports yet though, still waiting on the bike...

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: anyone riding the P2k shallow ?? [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Actually I am not sure that's where you need to be. Dan "had his way with you" while we looked on, but I think several of the onlookers would have liked to try out a bit steeper position as well. Remember in the end Dan Rishworth asked you to sit back on the saddle a bit (you were more on the nose throughout the fit session) and you indicated that might actually be a bit more comfortable?

I would therefore want to try to put the seat back underneath you to say 78 degrees for increased comfort, since that is where your body seems to be anyway, even though the saddle is at 76 degrees. But you also indicated you always sit on the saddle like that, so you may do the same once the saddle is moved up. That's probably one of those things that only time will tell, but for now I would still hedge my bet on the 78 degrees and a cockpit length such that you are forced onto the rear of the saddle.

Gerard Vroomen
3T.bike
OPEN cycle
Quote Reply
Re: anyone riding the P2k shallow ?? [gerard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I will be pleased to try your recommendation.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Like I said, I'm not sure it would work, but it would be interesting to see. And you should not change anything in your bar or stem when you switch from 76 to 78 degrees, so that the cockpit forces you to sit at 78 degrees rather than your butt moving to 80 degrees just so you can sit on the nose of the saddle again.

Oh, and I predict the biggest advantage for the 78 degrees will come on rides longer than ten hours, so put a couple of long ones in, will you :-)

Gerard Vroomen
3T.bike
OPEN cycle
Quote Reply
Re: anyone riding the P2k shallow ?? [gerard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What about rides shorter than 10 minutes?

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Those should be ridden standing up while using PowerCranks.

Gerard Vroomen
3T.bike
OPEN cycle
Quote Reply