Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Hey, cerveloguy?
Quote | Reply
Do you treat alot of triguys/gals in your office? whats the most common complaint? just wondering.
Quote Reply
Re: Hey, cerveloguy? [Chiroman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've been in practice twenty-one years and five years ago moved from a university town of about 250,000 to a rural village with a pop of 2000, so my local athlete population is now rather restricted, particularly since this is a sort of retirement area. My practice is now much smaller than it used to be but since it's part of my house, my overhead is quite small. I now only work twenty-seven hours per week so I'm sort of semi-retired but not really. My wife also at the same time quit her pressure cooker job and became an elementary school teacher. The average age of my patients has probably gone up by twenty years in this area. I did see a lot of sports injuries when I was in the city. I was the "official" chiropractor for a Junior A (that's pre-professional) hockey team and an industrial soccer league. Also being a university town, the average age was much younger and also more physically active than where I live now, so there was a decent market for athletic injuries. I do have a few tri-geeks, runners and cyclists still come in though. The nearest city is about forty minutes away(pop 60,000) and they drive up from there because they know I'm a fellow tri-geek.

I've always had a keen interest in sports injuries, but this has always just been a sideline from family type practice and the average Joe neck and LBP complaints that us chiropractors usually see. The most common complaints that I see among tri-geeks and runners are things like piriformis syndrome/sacro-iliac jt problems as well as knee problems.

I don't really know if I made the right decision moving to the boonies. In some ways I really like it and it's a lot less stressful, but it can be quite boring at times. Also my wife and I are oddities in the area as our interests are different from the locals. The only other people the locals ever see riding bicycles are likely DUI's!

How about yourself?
Quote Reply
Re: Hey, cerveloguy? [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cerveloguy, where are you located.

ive been trying to figure it out forever, and im still clueless?

Thanks,

-Kevin

"Anyone can work hard when they want to; Champions do it when they don't."
Quote Reply
Re: Hey, cerveloguy? [Kevin_Queens] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Cerveloguy, where are you located. "

Ontario.

If you're really interested send me a personal email and I'll give you the details.
Quote Reply