Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Time Impact pedals
Quote | Reply
Has anyone out there tried these new pedals yet? I read reviews in various magazines and copped a hard sell or two from bike stores but haven't found anyone who has actually bought a pair?
Quote Reply
Re: Time Impact pedals [Roy in Oz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We've sold a few pairs, three I think- not huge demand. the old Time pedals were also not a huge seller. I think I was one of the only people I know using them (I used to work for the company). I love the old pedals, but am a bit wary of the new ones because the cleat (the forward red plastic portion) appears fragile and easily worn. I'm looking forward to more feedback but am not rushing to try them.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: Time Impact pedals [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
These pedals are VERY nice. My friend went to them before IMWis this year, and I switched from Speedplays (3 years on Speedplays, liked them alot) soon after. The lower platform is great for feel, and these are the smoothest pedals I've ever had. The float is just enough. Years ago, I went to Speedplays to compensate for a bad bike position and to save the knees. Now, I don't need (kneed???) them with the good position.

FYI- Before switching, I read that some people with no problems in their heels prior to use with speedplays started to develope tendonitis from all the float. I had the old x2's. After switching, it was gone in 3 weeks. Yes, I could have gone to Zero's, but there is a HUGE difference between the feel of the platform on the Time's and on the Speedplays. IMO, Impacts with a good shoe (Carnac Quartz's are what I use), have no equal.

I've used Speedplays, Looks, SPD's, and Sampsons- These are the best

Rob

http://www.reathcon.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've been riding the impact mag since mid-September. They are very nice pedals. Very smooth and easy to use.

Like Tom, I'll have to see how the cleat holds up as the front part is plastic. I don't walk around too much in cycling shoes, so I don't anticipate any trouble. I'd highly recommend them.

Brandon Marsh - Website | @BrandonMarshTX | RokaSports | 1stEndurance | ATC Bikeshop |
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks folks - Although after going through a few sets of look cleats in the last year, I figure the Time cleats couldn't wear out too much quicker than that.
Quote Reply