Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

NIMBLE 650 crosswinds w/conti tubulars
Quote | Reply
I have a pair of Nimble 650 crosswind tubular trispokes that I'm selling with top of the line Continental 23c Competition tubulars preglued on them. The wheels come with a two wheel carry bag, dissasembly tools and valve extensions. There's approximately 200m on these wheels, just three Olympic distance races and a couple of training rides. The wheels were purchased straight from Nimble but were cosmetically flawed. Nimble assured me that there is no performance degredation or strength loss and they passed all in house testing. When they were molded the resin did not completely wet/fill in some of the edges on the inside edge of the rim, on some edges of the spokes and a couple of small spots right on the shoulder edge of the rim. Normally Nimble said they'd have an in house guy fix them up and give them to a pro but they were too busy at the time. So, I bought them and spent 15 or so hours on them touching up the cosmetics with resin (I'm a mechanical engineering graduate with some composites experience)and now they look good as new. Well just about good as new, if you look closely you can see the differences in the resin, but they are very very small patches, usually 1/8" by 1/8" or so. I'm asking $850 firm on these wheels. I just bought a Cervelo Prodidgy and it's 700c so the Softride and these wheels are going to fund my trip to collegiate nationals.
Quote Reply