Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [TulkasTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If the bolts holding the brake cover on are too tight it causes the cover to flare out. Try backing the bolt out a bit.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [dfroelich] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you.

Looks the same as the Tri version?

Is this the new box? http://www.giantbikespares.com/...oduct_detail/3-42757

See the notes, it says will not fit the TT. I wonder if there's a slightly different spacing on the bolts. I'm wondering if that's the case if an adaptor could be fabricated.

Close up pics of your front end would be nice :) . As I said above info is very sparse on these bikes.

Check this pro one out. smooth top tube so no box at all and only a 2 piece "nose" section under the stem. Is that down to a smaller frame size (mine's a large) http://www.cyclingnews.com/...llery/#disqus_thread

Oh and thank you for aging mine. No online resources available to accurately date it or was the 16 and 17 identical?

Thanks

Dan
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [Livelee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, that is the right bottle!
Without actually trying it out, no way to know what the reasoning is why it wouldn't work on your TT frame. I'll go out there and shoot a bunch of pics shortly.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thank you

That’s very kind.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here is a quick collection of the front end: https://photos.app.goo.gl/kzVsJEfPWCvuq7z43

Let me know if you could use anything else!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thank you. That helps. I think / fear I may need a new stem. Forks looks like they are in a similar place. I wonder if the bars are the same?

Is your frame a medium? I'm wondering why I have 3 spacers on the nose and you only have 2.

Thanks

Dan
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Livelee wrote:
Hi Greg.

Thanks for the link. Do you ship internationally? (i'm in the UK) How does your bolt mounted box compare to the stock one from Giant?

Many Thanks
Dan

Hi Dan,
Yes, you bet, we ship internationally (including to the UK) all of the time. To make a comparison, do you have any info or images of the stock bento from Giant? Our strap mounted and bolt mounted packs are a different design from the hard sided packs from other manufacturers, but we have many photos of our range on our fb page and instagram (see links in signature). But if you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to message or post again.
thanks,
Greg @ dsw

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [DarkSpeedWorks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you. The cost of the official one that's "good" is very cheap so I might buy that. Unfortunately I know nobody else with a Trinity. Before I found this forum you'd think the bike never existed!

Re: hydration. I'm going to buy one (front bottle) and see what happens. Unfortunately the mounts are not listed so my supplier needs to goto Giant directly and ask. I need some bolts too that the previous ham fisted bike owner seems to have butchered!

I'll update this thread for future info if I can get the bits and make them fit. It might be useful for other TT owners.

Cheers

Dan
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [JVanderveen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey guys I've recently bought the trinity advanced pro 2 2017 and am having trouble simply disconnecting the front hydration box to give it a good clean from the old left over sticky sports drink left inside on a previous ride. I can see there's an arrow which indicates putting pressure down with your fingers to give it a bit of a good shove but i feel like I'm not doing it right, feels like any more pressure and its just gonna snap! Any advice welcome! cheers.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [Rubix] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is it the new style bottle that has the slide out bit on the bottle of the bottle near the tire?

If so, it is a super snug fit. I pry it up from the back with a flat head screwdriver. You can wrap it in a little tape so it won't scratch.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [cyclenutnz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So if I have a regular Trinity Advanced, not the Pro...what would have to be done to install the stock front mounted hydration bottle on the Pro?

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It would be hard to guess without having both on hand to tinker.

Where are you located? Perhaps someone is close enough to help test.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just to reiterate, you want to install a front hydration bottle that comes on the Pro version onto your Trinity (non-pro) version?

In that case, I'd abort because the mounting bracket is built specifically for the AeroDrive Tri bar and stem found on the Pro. The non-Pro version uses a significantly different fork and stem which will render the bracket useless. My recommendation would be to use one of the very capable and aero models from Profile Design or similar.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JVanderveen wrote:
Just to reiterate, you want to install a front hydration bottle that comes on the Pro version onto your Trinity (non-pro) version?

In that case, I'd abort because the mounting bracket is built specifically for the AeroDrive Tri bar and stem found on the Pro. The non-Pro version uses a significantly different fork and stem which will render the bracket useless. My recommendation would be to use one of the very capable and aero models from Profile Design or similar.

I'm currently using the Profile Design FC35. I just wanted to know if it was possible without too much sweat even knowing the differences in Forks.

Last edited by: TheStroBro: Mar 14, 18 16:37
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [Rubix] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If its the Gen2 front hydration bottle you need to lift the triangular plastic piece on the top back part of the bottle that secures it to the stem. The arrows indicating downward pressure is how you install it. I often have to use a screwdriver to help if its been left in a sticky mess.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm sure there's a way to make it work with some creative thinking, but I think that FC35 option probably fits more clean than the Pro bottle ever would on your bike. I'd stick with that option as it's a really good one!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I doubt you'll get the official bottle on it, the stem is completely different.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
those Giant bottles just dont comfortable enough. Hard to take off, hard to wash properly, the sraw is too low.
I tried two of them, and switch to Xlab torpedo. Much better, but not looks so cool )))
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [Evgen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’m considering the FC35 unless someone can convince me there’s a better alternative?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi now a trinity advanced pro owner

looking at how i now ship to races ,spent a bit of time searching youtube & forums

i am used to using bike bag a simple bike bag i had for some time or old fashioned cardboard bike boxes etc

do not want to spend £000,s on a box/bag for 2 ish races overseas a year

any in situ photos of bars removed etc would help
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How many have purchased a new saddle?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just did...dash. haven't received it yet.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Does the new bento box fit the 2016 Trinity? (Sorry I missed this if it's already been mentioned).

I don't like the flip-tip one on my 2016, it gets snagged on my leg sometimes and flaps open, annoying.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [Super D] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Super D wrote:
Does the new bento box fit the 2016 Trinity? (Sorry I missed this if it's already been mentioned).

I don't like the flip-tip one on my 2016, it gets snagged on my leg sometimes and flaps open, annoying.

Yes, it fits.
You can actually go to your dealer and they will order it for you. Many of us have done this and it was no charge.

The new bento is waaaay better. You will be happy with it. The original one was pretty much worthless.

Also, the new front bottle is improved as well - bigger volume, better attachment clamps. (When I took this bike for a test ride, the front bottle launched, so I always used gorilla tape on the side to keep it secure. The new bottle is overbuilt and cannot launch. It actually takes some effort to remove after a ride - great.)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
dfroelich wrote:
Super D wrote:

Yes, it fits.
You can actually go to your dealer and they will order it for you. Many of us have done this and it was no charge.

The new bento is waaaay better. You will be happy with it. The original one was pretty much worthless.

Also, the new front bottle is improved as well - bigger volume, better attachment clamps. (When I took this bike for a test ride, the front bottle launched, so I always used gorilla tape on the side to keep it secure. The new bottle is overbuilt and cannot launch. It actually takes some effort to remove after a ride - great.)

Sweet, thank you.
Quote Reply

Prev Next