Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Triple T Ohio - Aero Road Bike or TT?
Quote | Reply
The Triple T website indicates lots of climbing throughout the weekend of racing. Question for Triple T vets - aero road bike or TT? Assume same wheelset - HED Jet 6 Plus. For context I can usually crank out 23 mph on the average half IM course and 21ish on an IM course.

tinman
Quote Reply
Re: Triple T Ohio - Aero Road Bike or TT? [tinman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
When I raced Triple T it was on a TT bike, and if I went back I'd make the same choice.

It's an awesome race, you'll have fun. Just keep an eye out for dogs on the road! There was likely 6 or 7 over the weekend that I had to make a last second swerve to get around.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tinman wrote:
The Triple T website indicates lots of climbing throughout the weekend of racing. Question for Triple T vets - aero road bike or TT? Assume same wheelset - HED Jet 6 Plus. For context I can usually crank out 23 mph on the average half IM course and 21ish on an IM course.
TT bike for sure. Done it twice. Have fun and watch out for the dogs that are going to chase you on the bike (especially on Sunday...) :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
+1 on the TT bike.

There is a lot of climbing, but there is a corresponding amount of descending.

Be aware though, some of the descending is relatively technical (from a triathlon perspective).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TT for sure. Its hilly, but not that hilly.
Enjoy the weekend of racing! I had a great time a couple years ago, looking forward to being able to do it again sometime!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As the others have said, your Tri bike will most likely be the best option all around.

If you are just treating it as a training weekend, you don't really care about the results, you want to ride your road bike and your A-Race is a lon way away, then ride your road bike.

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bring your TT bike with climbing gears. I rode a 11-28 cassette and wished I had more gears. Great race! I've done it the last 2 years.
Quote Reply
Re: Triple T Ohio - Aero Road Bike or TT? [MikeyG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have done this race 3 times and love it!

I always ride my TT bike but IMO if you are not a confident descender/handler the road bike IMO will not slow you down that much and would be a better choice. I never use my race wheels always the training wheels as the roads are not "bad" but there is some really rough or brutal spots with holes or speed bumps.
Quote Reply