Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Best subscription for online Cycling races?
Quote | Reply
Looks like I just missed the Paris stage race. Wondering if anyone has suggestions on the best way to watch the big cycling races streaming online [not live]? I tried googling some sites, but wanted to see if anyone here has found a site that works best. I'm expecting to pay a monthly fee, so I don't mind that.

I just want to watch some races ! :)

Thank you
Quote Reply
Re: Best subscription for online Cycling races? [p3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
NBC Sports Gold Cycling Pass. Yearly fee of $40. Pretty much everything except the Giro. They sell it by year with fixed calendar dates, July to June, so its discounted a little for a partial year right now. Essentially the TdF is the first event of a new subscription year.

https://www.nbcsports.com/...g:schedule:evergreen
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
NBC Sports Gold and FloBikes is a solid combo
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just started with Fubo. So far so good. They have a dvr feature too. They have most of the Spring races and the Giro.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
NBC Gold and Fubo together get you the goods.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
NBC Gold's one year subscription has full on demand replays of any race they cover. The races roll over each year so you can't wait forever but you won't really have missed the 2018 Paris-Nice for some time yet . . Just for the on demand feature alone it is worth it even if you have cable.

If you are looking for non live video, YouTube has a decent selection of bike races both current and going back over the years. It appears that anything that is broadcast in the US (e.g NBC Sports) gets yanked pretty quick but most of the lesser spring classics and other races end up on YouTube within a couple hours. For many the commentary is not in English but they are great for watching on the trainer while listening to music.

NBC Gold and YouTube have Roku and Apple TV apps so they are easy to stream.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Eurosport + VPN

$40/year (30 GBP) + $30/year for VPN

Has all of the bike races you'd want to watch, including all of the Spring classics, Grand tours, and other UCI World tour races. On demand coverage available for at least one month after the event, and the duration of the broadcast often exceed 2 hours. Best part is that you actually have people who knows cycling as opposed to the team of Dumb & Dumber.

Screenshot below
Quote Reply
Re: Best subscription for online Cycling races? [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have you found a way to download the Eurosport app on iOS? The app store seems to know I'm not in the UK. There are times when it would be more convenient to watch on my phone (ie I'm not installing a VPN on my work computer).
Quote Reply
Re: Best subscription for online Cycling races? [Karl.n] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
unfortunately no. Reason is that your Apple ID address have to be British in order for you to download the app; someone once mentioned that you could purchase a "shell" address, but that sounds like a lot of work.

I have been able to download ES player for Android though. IIRC, I went to the Android store on my PC while signed into VPN, indicated that I wanted to d/l the ES app, and the app became available for download on my Android device. However, I could not directly d/l the app from the Android app store on my mobile device. No idea if they closed the loophole, as i last did this on a really old Android device
Quote Reply
Re: Best subscription for online Cycling races? [PrinceMax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PrinceMax wrote:
I just started with Fubo. So far so good. They have a dvr feature too. They have most of the Spring races and the Giro.
Exactly what subscription do you have? When I looked, it seemed like I couldn't just by the cycling package, I would also have to get the basic cable package for like $30/month first. Just seemed like an awfully expensive way to get the spring classics that aren't included with NBC Sports Gold.
Quote Reply
Re: Best subscription for online Cycling races? [jsk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, Fubo isn't cheap. You do have to buy the cable package and then add on the cycling channel. I love the spring classics and being in the US that seems like the best way to get them. I plan on dropping it after the Giro and will resume with it next spring.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Any good ones that are accessible from Canada?
Quote Reply
Re: Best subscription for online Cycling races? [SBRcanuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
VPN + Eurosport
Quote Reply