Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

specialized divert a good road bike?
Quote | Reply
Hello,
I'm hoping to hear from an owner or 2 who rides the specialized divert comp. I'm looking for a new bike that has disc brakes and hydraulic at that. I'm looking for comfort as well. I doubt it will see much off road, so really it'll be just a road bike.

Hope to hear back.

Thank you.
Quote Reply
Re: specialized divert a good road bike? [ginofairplay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would buy a road bike.
Quote Reply
Re: specialized divert a good road bike? [ginofairplay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here's a bit more of an informed answer:

Compared to a road bike (like a Tarmac), diverge has high stack and short reach - even a bit more than the "endurance road bikes".
Also, very slack headtube angle vs a "road bike" so the steering response will tend towards kinda slow.

And maybe, crucially, it comes with a 1x drivetrain.

So if all that stuff is ok with you, then it will probably do ok as a road bike. Maybe one way to look at it, is an even more tipped-back, slacker steering 1x Roubaix. The diverge has more in common with a roubaix than a tarmac.
Quote Reply
Re: specialized divert a good road bike? [Sim] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sim wrote:

And maybe, crucially, it comes with a 1x drivetrain.

Nah, most of the line still comes with 2x drivetrains, including both "Comp" models (carbon and aluminum)

The Diverge, with it's Future Shock, high-volume tires, and rather upright geometry, should be a quite comfortable road bike. There's some compromise in efficiency that comes with that comfort, though. Depending what your objectives and priorities are, it may be a great road bike or an awful one.

"They're made of latex, not nitroglycerin"
Last edited by: gary p: Mar 13, 18 10:53
Quote Reply
Re: specialized divert a good road bike? [gary p] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oops, assumed OP would not be considering any bike less than $4k
Quote Reply