Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Tigers Back?
Quote | Reply
A seriously amazing result. Where it might lead who knows but he still has game
Quote Reply
Re: Tigers Back? [Andrewmc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yep - I found myself watching the last hour of the tournament. 1'st time I've watched any golf in many years.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would love to see him win again but I think his body is a house of cards. Enjoy him while you can.

"The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm one of those fans who watch because I enjoy the game, not because Tiger is in the field. There are a lot of us around.

Tiger played well and if his body holds up can still be a threat to win on any given week. I think the interest in the Master's will go up because a lot of people only watch if Tiger is playing (ie. not really golf fans) but there are enough story lines that you don't need a healthy Tiger to keep things interesting.

Tiger of old however would have won that tournament yesterday. He birdied the first hole and then nothing until his birdie on the 17th so he had his chances. He's not the same of course, but even without the dominating performances of old, he will make it an interesting year. With Phil playing well and at least half a dozen others with real chances to win, the Masters is going to be great to watch again.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Andrewmc wrote:
Where it might lead who knows
Breakfast counter at Denny's
Quote Reply
Re: Tigers Back? [spookini] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
spookini wrote:
Andrewmc wrote:
Where it might lead who knows

Breakfast counter at Denny's

Perkins.

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Re: Tigers Back? [jkca1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jkca1 wrote:
I would love to see him win again but I think his body is a house of cards. Enjoy him while you can.

It isn't his body that is the issue. It is the muscle between his ears that drives the majority of the issues in golf.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I heard a former pro golfer say today: “If Tiger can stay healthy Jacks record is in trouble”

Wow. He hasn’t even won yet and HE CANT STAY HEALTHY!!!

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Love the thread title. Tigers back or Tiger’s back.... that is truly the question.

Until this weekend I thought it was the latter. Seeing his control and swing this weekend, now I am leaning towards the former and that Tiger IS back.

The Masters just got a whole lot more interesting.
Last edited by: ChrisT: Mar 12, 18 19:58
Quote Reply
Re: Tigers Back? [ChrisT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ChrisT wrote:
Love the thread title. Tigers back or Tiger’s back.... that is truly the question.

Until this weekend I thought it was the latter. Seeing his control and swing this weekend, now I am leaning towards the former and that Tiger IS back.

100% agree with this.

As someone who had major back issues in the past, I thought he was done. It seems like the time off to heal really did him some good.

I was in the same place once. I stopped playing golf, running, cycling, everything. It hurt to sleep, walk, and put on socks in the morning. The correct treatment and REST fixed it.

To my eye, that's what it looks like with Tiger.
Quote Reply
Re: Tigers Back? [ChrisT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ChrisT wrote:

Yeah, if he plays in The Masters, there is going to be a media frenzy. If he plays well, it's gonna be nuts.

Quote | Reply
  • 2017 Masters: 6.8 rating
  • 2017 U.S. Open: 3.1 rating
  • 2017 Open Championship: 3.2 rating
  • 2017 PGA Championship: 3.2 rating

2018 Valspar Championship 5.1 rating.

Quote:
The event earned a 5.1 overnight rating, which is up 190 percent from last year's final round of the Valspar Championship -- won by Adam Hadwin -- and the biggest number in tournament history. It's also the biggest overnight rating for a non-major round since the 2013 Players Championship (which Tiger won).
https://www.cbssports.com/...ncredible-tv-rating/

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Re: Tigers Back? [jkca1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jkca1 wrote:

He was always known for obsessive amounts of practice. That is where I think his body will betray him. And I don't know many people who get healthier as they age. At 42 he would be in decline if he were healthy.

He could win again, but I can't see him ever getting close to 2013 again. But I'm sure he is crying over my assessment. Career tour earnings over $110M. Hell of a golfer, shit heel of a human being.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: Tigers Back? [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
jkca1 wrote:

He was always known for obsessive amounts of practice. That is where I think his body will betray him. And I don't know many people who get healthier as they age. At 42 he would be in decline if he were healthy.

He could win again, but I can't see him ever getting close to 2013 again. But I'm sure he is crying over my assessment. Career tour earnings over $110M. Hell of a golfer, shit heel of a human being.

I am so surprised that everyone keeps talking about his body falling apart and being unhealthy. Yes, you need to be able to drive and hit the long irons to be competitive but what made Tiger Tiger was his uncanny ability to drain those long putts from 20-30 feet AND to drain those testers from 5-10 feet. And he could get up and down like nobody else. The short game is what made his sooooo deadly. I will never forget watching one tournament he played on a course in California (wish I could remember) and he completely manhandled everyone on the greens. He drained everything on the final day while nobody else could put it in the hole.
And he knew he was the greatest. Once that goes, it is hard to get that back.
Quote Reply
Re: Tigers Back? [M~] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
M~ wrote:
j p o wrote:
jkca1 wrote:

I am so surprised that everyone keeps talking about his body falling apart and being unhealthy. Yes, you need to be able to drive and hit the long irons to be competitive but what made Tiger Tiger was his uncanny ability to drain those long putts from 20-30 feet AND to drain those testers from 5-10 feet. And he could get up and down like nobody else. The short game is what made his sooooo deadly. I will never forget watching one tournament he played on a course in California (wish I could remember) and he completely manhandled everyone on the greens. He drained everything on the final day while nobody else could put it in the hole.

One thing I don't know the answer to, and maybe someone on here does. Is the ability to putt well and read putts at a professional level because they see better? And if that is the case, getting older is never going to be your friend.

As for health, when you are practicing 6 - 8 hours a day it is going to take a toll on a balky back and knees. https://www.thoughtco.com/...ice-schedule-1566396 He has had at least 4 knee surgeries and 4 back surgeries. Add in getting attacked by a viking woman with a golf club and a decently serious wreck and I become suspicious of getting better with age.

But maybe he has found the elixir.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: Tigers Back? [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
M~ wrote:
j p o wrote:
jkca1 wrote:

One thing I don't know the answer to, and maybe someone on here does. Is the ability to putt well and read putts at a professional level because they see better? And if that is the case, getting older is never going to be your friend.

As for health, when you are practicing 6 - 8 hours a day it is going to take a toll on a balky back and knees. https://www.thoughtco.com/...ice-schedule-1566396 He has had at least 4 knee surgeries and 4 back surgeries. Add in getting attacked by a viking woman with a golf club and a decently serious wreck and I become suspicious of getting better with age.

But maybe he has found the elixir.

Agreed on the body but so much talk goes into his health that I think everyone overlooks the real reason he isn't winning.
As they say Drive for show, Putt for dough. They don't say that just because it rhymes.
Quote Reply