Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
The Walking Dead Season 8 - Is anyone watching anymore?
Quote | Reply
I remember in the "Golden Days" of The Walking Dead, coming to the LR every Monday after the show aired just to read people's impressions and get the latest predictions on what is going to happen next. Has the show gone that low? Is anybody interested in keeping the conversation alive? Should I go to Reddit for TWD conversations?
Quote Reply
Re: The Walking Dead Season 8 - Is anyone watching anymore? [justlooking] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
justlooking wrote:
I remember in the "Golden Days" of The Walking Dead, coming to the LR every Monday after the show aired just to read people's impressions and get the latest predictions on what is going to happen next. Has the show gone that low? Is anybody interested in keeping the conversation alive? Should I go to Reddit for TWD conversations?

I watched it last night. And if you held a gun to my head I would have a very hard time remembering what happened.

I was glad to see that Carl stayed dead.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: The Walking Dead Season 8 - Is anyone watching anymore? [justlooking] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It was much watch TV for me on Sunday night. Now it sits on my DVR and I'll watch it eventually.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: The Walking Dead Season 8 - Is anyone watching anymore? [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I know. I feel the same way. I just want it to end. They don't seem to be able to advance the plot... And it really shouldn't be that difficult.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Only watching now as it's great trainer fodder and I'm sort of invested just to see how it ends. Absent the trainer time, unlikely I'd watch it. I honestly have no clue - and worse don't care - where anyone is anymore, and who gets it.
Quote Reply
Re: The Walking Dead Season 8 - Is anyone watching anymore? [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It makes you wonder if the writers have ADD or if they have been watching the previous seasons.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I only watch on Netflix, it's my trainer time TV, so I'm a season behind. But from what I've heard Season 8 is kinda, meh.

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
justlooking wrote:
It makes you wonder if the writers have ADD or if they have been watching the previous seasons.

I just read the recap, and I was right. I forgot about the whole doctor getting killed thing. Why did we spend so much time on him the last few episodes just to have him killed with nothing coming from it?

The guy writing the recap said this, which seems to sum it up pretty well, "It's quite frankly pathetic to see this show fall so low, and a clear reflection of just how poorly written, directed and produced AMC's zombie drama has been lately. They desperately need new blood and I'm more worried than ever that simply shuffling the deck of current producers and writers won't cut it."

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
At this point, I don't see how the show could possibly be rehabbed into something remotely representative of its former glory. Hell, I can't even think of an interesting or satisfying conclusion to the series if it were to happen in the next 1-2 seasons. I really just don't care about the plot or the characters anymore.

I typically backlog the show and start it 20 minutes late to skip the commercials. Last night, I paid so little attention that I was 45 minutes in before realizing that I hadn't even skipped through the commercial breaks.

"The right to party is a battle we have fought, but we'll surrender and go Amish... NOT!" -Wayne Campbell
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
justlooking wrote:

I watched it last night. And if you held a gun to my head I would have a very hard time remembering what happened.

I was glad to see that Carl stayed dead.

Coral's dead?! Oh wow, I may just start watching again.

War is god
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
justlooking wrote:

I stopped watching for a while and then picked began again, but stopped when they reached Alexandria. Now I occasionally read the plot synopses on Wikipedia, IMDB, whatever,

War is god
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
justlooking wrote:

I'm willing to read the threads about it without watching it. I'm just waiting for the bat guy to be killed, which I'll watch then I'm done with the series. Plenty of better stuff on TV these days.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I agree with the above, plus, pet peeve of this season: why have they filmed most of it in a dark room at midnight with the lights off and the lens cap still on the camera? Half the show you don't watch, you listen to a black screen.
Quote Reply
Re: The Walking Dead Season 8 - Is anyone watching anymore? [Bone Idol] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bone Idol wrote:
I agree with the above, plus, pet peeve of this season: why have they filmed most of it in a dark room at midnight with the lights off and the lens cap still on the camera? Half the show you don't watch, you listen to a black screen.

Haven't noticed that, either I really am not paying attention, or maybe your tv needs some adjustments?

I thought Carls death was dumb. Not sure what Negan's plan is looks like he is going to go in and try to create zombie inside the hilltop compound? Dump people met a undramatic ending, but still think the leader will be back, and has a good stash in the dump. Loved how she took care of all the walkers.

Had to go to wiki, to see how many years this is suppose to be later, and I thought I read like only 3 which I think is part of the problem, we have watched for 8yrs and are only 3 yrs in. I gotta believe though 3 or 4 yrs in the Govt will have established some areas of controls, would be interesting to see some of the more organized community development, but that might take it away from a zombie killing tv show.

Don't watch the spin off, but I heard they were going to do some crossover, not sure I would even know if it happened, but spinoff's and crossovers are a sure sign the end is near.

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think this season is one big social experiment.

The writers and producers have decided to knowingly write the worst, mind numb8ng, boring, non-sensical stories they can are are laughing all the way to the bank at the sheeple, me included, that continue to watch this drivel.

Can Neegan die already?
Quote Reply
Re: The Walking Dead Season 8 - Is anyone watching anymore? [davec] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You bumping this thread alerted me to the fact that I didn't watch last night's episode. In fact, I didn't even give it a passing thought. I guess I've finally reached disengaged status, and should probably exit the bus here.

"The right to party is a battle we have fought, but we'll surrender and go Amish... NOT!" -Wayne Campbell
Quote Reply
Re: The Walking Dead Season 8 - Is anyone watching anymore? [burnman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I actually thought last night's episode was better than most this season.

Quote Reply
Re: The Walking Dead Season 8 - Is anyone watching anymore? [davec] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I watched the first season with Negan and haven't been able to bring myself to watch anymore. I finally deleted the show from my DVR last night.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
I actually thought last night's episode was better than most this season.

Yeh, I thought so too. I can kinda see where they're going now at least. This series needs to find an end soon or it's going to lose me. I'm already watching out of sense of obligation only now.
Quote Reply
Re: The Walking Dead Season 8 - Is anyone watching anymore? [Perseus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
B...b...b...but the helicopter is real now! And it can just fly over sharks instead of jumping!

Cheers,

thechromedome
http://www.favoritefinishlines.blogspot.com
http://www.cupcakecartel.org
My 20% off code for 2018 FS Series races: tricred18
"there are no drafters in heaven" - C Bonner
Quote Reply
Re: The Walking Dead Season 8 - Is anyone watching anymore? [burnman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
burnman wrote:
You bumping this thread alerted me to the fact that I didn't watch last night's episode. In fact, I didn't even give it a passing thought. I guess I've finally reached disengaged status, and should probably exit the bus here.

Yeah, I just realized I missed it also, good thing on sling I can watch it on demand.

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TWD was the lead in for the premiere of The Terror last, last weekend. I ended up watching The Terror first and it's far better than TWD. Still haven't watched that TWD episode.
Quote Reply
Re: The Walking Dead Season 8 - Is anyone watching anymore? [thechromedome] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thechromedome wrote:
B...b...b...but the helicopter is real now! And it can just fly over sharks instead of jumping!

Cheers,

Think about that for a second. I live in the country. Apparently right on the path for med flights. I can hear the helicopter coming for miles. There is no way you are keeping a helicopter secret in that universe. I'm all for suspending disbelief, but not for accepting stupidity.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
thechromedome wrote:

Cheers,

Think about that for a second. I live in the country. Apparently right on the path for med flights. I can hear the helicopter coming for miles. There is no way you are keeping a helicopter secret in that universe. I'm all for suspending disbelief, but not for accepting stupidity.

Dude, a zombie fell down a flight of stairs, and none of the dozens of people sleeping on the floor next to the stairs woke up. Clearly, the physics of sound have changed along with the physics of zombies.

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've just about given up on TWD, i'm just hanging on hoping to see Negan get killed so i get some closure.

Imho Fear the Walking dead is a much better watch, maybe because it's not so old and stale.

Quote Reply

Prev Next