Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
March Madness Has Begun
Quote | Reply
No, I don't mean the Big 10 Tournament being played in NYC, which is the worst idea ever.

I mean this:

Go the 5:20 mark and watch the rest. At one point UVA was down 4 pts with 0.9 seconds left, yes 0.9 seconds...and won.

I woke my kids up when the last shot banked in.

An absolutely epic choke job by Louisville...never seen anything like it. The funny part is that if UVA had not committed the late lane violation, UVA would've lost. But that foul on the 3-point attempt with 0.9 seconds left, wow. Louisville should've been running away from the shooter.

And add to that the drama with Arizona...someone ain't telling the truth.

This is shaping up to be a good March, as long as UVA doesn't draw Sparty in the NCAAs.
Quote Reply
Re: March Madness Has Begun [jepvb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I turned it off with about 10 seconds left in the game.
Quote Reply
Re: March Madness Has Begun [Thom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thom wrote:
I turned it off with about 10 seconds left in the game.

I almost turned it off a handful of times. UVA was losing pretty much the whole game.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
All Deng had to do was heave the ball to midcourt or better and hit someone. Hell, all he had to do is throw the ball off the guy jumping up and down in front of him. Even if the ball doesn't go out of bounds and the guy grabs he it doesn't have time to shoot at that point. Instead, he walks. Jesus.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jepvb wrote:
No, I don't mean the Big 10 Tournament being played in NYC, which is the worst idea ever.

I mean this:

Go the 5:20 mark and watch the rest. At one point UVA was down 4 pts with 0.9 seconds left, yes 0.9 seconds...and won.

An absolutely epic choke job by Louisville...never seen anything like it. The funny part is that if UVA had not committed the late lane violation, UVA would've lost. But that foul on the 3-point attempt with 0.9 seconds left, wow. Louisville should've been running away from the shooter.

This is shaping up to be a good March, as long as UVA doesn't draw Sparty in the NCAAs.

There was no foul on the 3. He got all ball and the ref from 20+ feet made a horrible call.
Quote Reply
Re: March Madness Has Begun [trimick] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trimick wrote:
jepvb wrote:

I mean this:

There was no foul on the 3. He got all ball and the ref from 20+ feet made a horrible call.

Yeah, Louisville should blame the loss on the refs.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I love it. My VOLS put the SMACK DOWN on Miss Mistake this past Tuesday, at the HUMP. We are surging at the perfect time, and we were picked to finish second to last in the SEC. Don't look now Bruce Criminal Pearle, but if we win Saturday, we tie for the regular season championship.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Meh, thats nothing. Tuesday Davidson and st. Bonas went into 3 nailbiting overtimes. #19 Rhode island got hammered by st. Joes. Losing by 35+ points.

Watching with my father, we were exhausted watching basketball till midnight.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jepvb wrote:

At least Michigan got to the tournament without a plane crash this year

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jepvb wrote:
trimick wrote:
jepvb wrote:

I mean this:

Was it a clean block?

It was and Louisville should of had the ball shooting FTs up 4, but a ref that was out of position made a horrible call and gave Virginia 3 FTs with a 90+% FT shooter at the line. Then to make it worse after an incredibly stupid play by Adel they give Virginia a timeout for no reason what so ever when they had none to setup up a play to win the game. I would say that the refs heavily influenced the outcome of the game along with some horrible plays by Louisville.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trimick wrote:
jepvb wrote:
trimick wrote:
jepvb wrote:

I mean this:

Was it a clean block?

It was and Louisville should of had the ball shooting FTs up 4, but a ref that was out of position made a horrible call and gave Virginia 3 FTs with a 90+% FT shooter at the line. Then to make it worse after an incredibly stupid play by Adel they give Virginia a timeout for no reason what so ever when they had none to setup up a play to win the game. I would say that the refs heavily influenced the outcome of the game along with some horrible plays by Louisville.

Every college basketball game has bad calls/no calls that go against both teams. Hell, when that little white guy missed the layup after the steal with a couple minutes left, Wilkins was in position for the rebound and got a forearm shiver to his back that knocked him over - no call.

The offensive foul against Jerome at the beginning of the second half was absolute horseshit, and it completely affected the momentum of the game.

Winners find a way to win. Losers complain about the refs.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jepvb wrote:
trimick wrote:

Was it a clean block?

Every college basketball game has bad calls/no calls that go against both teams. Hell, when that little white guy missed the layup after the steal with a couple minutes left, Wilkins was in position for the rebound and got a forearm shiver to his back that knocked him over - no call.

The offensive foul against Jerome at the beginning of the second half was absolute horseshit, and it completely affected the momentum of the game.

Yet all those didn't happen in the last .9 seconds of a game giving Louisville no chance to over come them. The calls that I am talking were as much a part of Virginia winning the game as them hitting the shots because of when they happened. I have never said that Louisville or Virginia didn't benefit from calls at other times during the game. Those two were the worst two calls of the game. An all ball block on a 3 and then a free timeout to setup a play. Very few teams could overcome those calls and win the game. Acting like those calls didn't help Virginia win the game is a joke.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trimick wrote:
jepvb wrote:
trimick wrote:

Was it a clean block?

Yet all those didn't happen in the last .9 seconds of a game giving Louisville no chance to over come them. The calls that I am talking were as much a part of Virginia winning the game as them hitting the shots because of when they happened. I have never said that Louisville or Virginia didn't benefit from calls at other times during the game. Those two were the worst two calls of the game. An all ball block on a 3 and then a free timeout to setup a play. Very few teams could overcome those calls and win the game. Acting like those calls didn't help Virginia win the game is a joke.

I can tell you are taking this loss hard.

Louisville was up 4 points with .9 seconds left and yet you are claiming that they were the ones who had to overcome difficult odds.

That's a good one.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yup, Nova has lost a bunch of games down the stretch, OTloss to Creighton and had to go to OT to pull out the W against Seton fucking Hall. UGH. Must be March.

The only saving grace is that it will drop us to a 2 seed. We seem to poop the bed when we are a #1 seed (2nd round shameful exit).

Good luck with the #1 UVA, and my coach is still hotter than your coach :)
Quote Reply
Re: March Madness Has Begun [sto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sto wrote:
Yup, Nova has lost a bunch of games down the stretch, OTloss to Creighton and had to go to OT to pull out the W against Seton fucking Hall. UGH. Must be March.

The only saving grace is that it will drop us to a 2 seed. We seem to poop the bed when we are a #1 seed (2nd round shameful exit).

Good luck with the #1 UVA, and my coach is still hotter than your coach :)

No way...my wife claims Bennett is hotter, but I'll concede that Wright is better dressed (and he did win a Natty, which goes a long way).

I've said all year it would be great for UVA and Nova to meet in the championship game. I can dream.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My dream FF is UVA, Nova, MSU and a Cinderella to be named later. Our loss to St. Johns will cling to us like dog poo stuck in the treads on the bottom of a running shoe.

We have rounds 1-2 here in Boise this year. Always a dream we will lose a few more games and somehow Nova will end up far from home, here in Boise. Not gonna happen, but a girl can dream.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jepvb wrote:
trimick wrote:
jepvb wrote:
trimick wrote:

Was it a clean block?

Louisville was up 4 points with .9 seconds left and yet you are claiming that they were the ones who had to overcome difficult odds.

That's a good one.

You are again not addressing the point that he refs greatly influenced the game in those last .9 seconds. Without those horrible calls Louisville wins the game.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trimick wrote:
jepvb wrote:
trimick wrote:
jepvb wrote:
trimick wrote:

Was it a clean block?

That's a good one.

You are again not addressing the point that he refs greatly influenced the game in those last .9 seconds. Without those horrible calls Louisville wins the game.

Did Louisville lose to UVA today because of the refs?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You are again not addressing the point that he refs greatly influenced the game in those last 0.9 seconds. Without those horrible calls Louisville wins the game.

You fail to realize that Louisville did everything within its power to lose a game when they were up by four with 0.9 seconds left.

1. Who tries to block a three point play when their team is up by four with .9 seconds left? The game is over even if the ball goes in ...

2. Refs call a lane violation on the third free throw against Virginia! How many lane violations have been called all season in Div. I basketball? Three ... maybe ... and you think the referees helped Virginia?

3. Virginia now has zero, no, nada, never happen, turn the TV off, change the channel chance of winning because Louisville has possession of the ball with 0.9 seconds left to play and UP BY TWO POINTS. All Louisville has to do is put the ball in play. Just send all four of your players to the other end of the court and throw the ball into the bunch. Game over.

4. Instead, Louisville travels before in bounding the ball!

... and you blame the refs ...

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jepvb wrote:
trimick wrote:
jepvb wrote:
trimick wrote:
jepvb wrote:
trimick wrote:

Was it a clean block?

That's a good one.

Did Louisville lose to UVA today because of the refs?

No they didn't they got beat. Again you aren't addressing the point that the refs greatly influenced the game in the last .9 seconds.
Quote Reply
Re: March Madness Has Begun [Brick] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Brick wrote:
You are again not addressing the point that he refs greatly influenced the game in those last 0.9 seconds. Without those horrible calls Louisville wins the game.

You fail to realize that Louisville did everything within its power to lose a game when they were up by four with 0.9 seconds left.

1. Who tries to block a three point play when their team is up by four with .9 seconds left? The game is over even if the ball goes in ...

2. Refs call a lane violation on the third free throw against Virginia! How many lane violations have been called all season in Div. I basketball? Three ... maybe ... and you think the referees helped Virginia?

3. Virginia now has zero, no, nada, never happen, turn the TV off, change the channel chance of winning because Louisville has possession of the ball with 0.9 seconds left to play and UP BY TWO POINTS. All Louisville has to do is put the ball in play. Just send all four of your players to the other end of the court and throw the ball into the bunch. Game over.

4. Instead, Louisville travels before in bounding the ball!

... and you blame the refs ...

It was a bad move but he got all ball and that block should have won the game instead a ref that was out of position makes a horrible call and changes the course of the game.

You fail to realize that the lane violation actually won the game for Virginia. If they didn't call that Louisville had the rebound and time would have ran out. So you helped to prove my point.

Yes Louisville messed up inbounding the ball but messing up doesn't excuse the blown call on the blocked 3 or the phantom timeout the refs gave Virginia for no reason. The refs greatly influenced the game in the last .9 seconds and their calls along with some bad plapys by Louisville helped Virginia win the game.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trimick wrote:
jepvb wrote:
trimick wrote:

Was it a clean block?

Did you have a different view of the foul? If so, can you post it?

_____
TEAM HD
Each day is what you make of it so make it the best day possible.
Quote Reply
Re: March Madness Has Begun [TheRef65] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheRef65 wrote:
trimick wrote:
jepvb wrote:
trimick wrote:

Was it a clean block?

You don't need a different view of the foul. Just look at the regular view and it is clear that there is zero contact. The ref that was right next to the play didn't call anything because there was zero contact.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trimick wrote:
TheRef65 wrote:
trimick wrote:
jepvb wrote:
trimick wrote:

Was it a clean block?

You don't need a different view of the foul. Just look at the regular view and it is clear that there is zero contact. The ref that was right next to the play didn't call anything because there was zero contact.

I've watched the regular view many times and it is not clear that there is zero contact.

What is clear is that Louisville's epic choke job and subsequent ACC tourney beat down relegated you to the NIT.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tourney brackets are set!

How is your team looking?

How does the overall #1 end up with Arizona and Kentucky as its 4/5?

Still, I'm glad UVA is not in the Midwest - Kansas, MSU, Duke, West Virginia, Florida - that's brutal.

Villanova was basically gifted a date in the Final Four. What a joke of a bracket the East is.

I'm going with UVA, 'Nova, MSU and UNC in the Final Four.

Freedom just around the corner for you. But with the truth so far off, what good will it do?
Quote Reply

Prev Next