Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How was your week? Feb. 26/27 Edition
Quote | Reply
How are you and how was your week?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Feb. 26/27 Edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CalamityJane, I just saw your post from last week about the ship trip. So cool! I would have been miserable standing guard for a 1:30 - 3 am shift too LOL

My goals last week were (1) swim 3k by Wed. (2) bike once before Wed. (3) keep run mileage under control. Those goals were because I was at a conference Thurs - Sun. I met goals 1 and 3 :-)

5 swims for 4425 yds... two of them outside in San Diego.
7 runs for 45.9 mi, w/ a speed workout (2 mi @ 8:00 + 2 x 1 mi @ 7:53)

Goals this week:
4 swims
2 rides
day off from running

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Welcome back from your travels Dr TC! Hope you had a good time in San Diego and that the rest of the Women are well.

My week landed up looking something like this:
M: bike + run brick
T: Physio session (Run + mobility)
W: Swim
Th: Hotel gym strength + dip in the hotel pool (it's only 8 strokes across so maybe I'll try some of the technique stuff that usually drowns me)
F: XC ski in Lake Louise
S: rest
S: bike + XC ski (final lesson)

We had a great time XC skiing in Lake Louise; I can't get the pictures small enough to post but they are here if anyone is interested. We also had fun during our last lesson on Sunday but the hip flexors have been in agony!

This week:
M: swim (yes) + run (overheated and felt unwell so cut short)
T: bike (yes) + mobility and stretching
W: swim + run
Th: bike
Fr: swim + run
S: rest
S: bike + strength

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Lousy, lousy week. Down and out with cold/flu. Lost five days of running. That puts me 6 days behind, with only 25 days left. And I'm traveling this Thursday and Friday, with no opportunity to run those days. It's looking grim for me, womens. Maybe Calamity will be the sleeper and make the womens proud.

No coasting in running and no crying in baseball
Last edited by: Tri3: Feb 27, 18 18:18
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well, I tried running last night. No bueno - shut it down after half a kilometer. It wasn't getting worse, but it sure didn't feel good. Fortunately I don't seem to have done any damage, but the ankle just isn't ready - stupid Grade 2 sprain needing more than 2 weeks to heal.. *grumble*

Brighter sides:
- I can now KICK ALL THE KICKS in the pool, as of last night. Up to Saturday I could only manage about 1.5 lengths of dolphin kick (and thus butterfly) before the ankle complained. Last night I did 3 with no problem (apart from sucking at butterfly). I could also kick on my back for the first time, which means I could probably do some pool running if I could handle the boredom.
- I can climb with no problems, though only top rope and a couple of really basic bouldering problems I know I can top out. Not risking a fall on the ankle, but have a 2 week trial membership at a local gym that offers bouldering, top rope & lead climbing of which I'm taking advantage.
- Every day there's a little less that I can't do. Rehab exercises are going pretty well: I can balance on the injured ankle for a couple of minutes, even while swinging my other leg out, and I can do 2-footed hopping (including backward & forward; haven't tried side to side yet), hopping from foot to foot, and even running in place with no pain.
- I'm using my lunch breaks to get in some brisk walking - really pushing myself to walk fast. If I still end up trying for the 100 miler in the fall, this will come in handy.

Stay positive, womens!

Last edited by: CalamityJane88: Feb 28, 18 13:31
Quote | Reply
First world whine... we are leaving for vacation in the morning and I haven't had time to do much of anything, least of all work out. I did squeeze in a PT session and two trainer rides earlier in the week and made 112 trainer miles for the month, which is a small victory. I can tell I haven't been doing my PT homework because my knee seized up again last night while making dinner. It seems like not doing my PT homework and my hardwood floors is a bad combo. I'll order an anti-fatigue mat after I get back, maybe that will help. I took one wrong step and my knee was like, NOPE.

Last week was pretty good. I did some decent trainer mileage and even got to the pool! The only exercise I plan on doing next week is 12 oz. curls, haha.

http://mediocremultisport.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Feb. 26/27 Edition [CalamityJane88] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Feb. 26/27 Edition [edbikebabe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh, wow! That's beautiful!! Thank you for posting that link!
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Feb. 26/27 Edition [CalamityJane88] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks edbikebabe for being more efficient than me :D

CJ88 - we were classic skiing. Skate skiing is way beyond my skill level at the moment. Classic skiing I'm still in the "fake it, 'til you make it" stage. Lake Louise is one of our favourite places to escape to and if you ever come up to Alberta you should definitely tour around there.
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Feb. 26/27 Edition [Scheherazade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Funny-- I feel like skate skiing is easier to fake because I can get momentum and just flail away. Now, classic! I'm impressed with classic because my flailing whirlwind approach will get me nowhere.

I went to college in Missoula, and even did the Lethbridge triathlon 2x. That's probably within a few hours, right? Somehow Banff was not on my (20 yr old) radar. I've been dreaming about making a big road trip to MT from SoCal. Why not swing by Banff?
Quote Reply