Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [sorelegs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did the evo 70s work with the stock Giant stem? Can you send a pic?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [jesparza] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It was only the extensions I swapped out, I am still using the stock base bar.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Im trying to figure out how if any more comfortable cups will work with this set up. I'd like to find a way to widen the position of the cups as well. Any advice?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have very narrow arm pads and was able to make the Zipp Alumina cups and pads work but had to dremmel them out a bit since the bolt spacing was different, for a wider position they make not work since it might put them at an odd angle and rotated upwards. The stock ones can go pretty wide can't they? I'm not sure which others would fit to be honest.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm currently trying to find a more comfortable cups as well. The bolt spacing required is 15/30 mm (maybe 15/31). If I remember correctly, I measured the Giant cups as 88 mm wide. So you'll need to look for something that's wider or has holes more inboard and closer to the edge of the cup.

I know the Profile Design F35i's won't work (plastic). There's another thread that says the alum ones should fit. It also looks like Profile Design's F40 or F40TT's should work. All those pads are >100 mm wide.
Last edited by: bearlyfinish: Jan 28, 18 13:48
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [bearlyfinish] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And the PD ones have the same bolt spacing as the Trinity or will I have to Dremel them? Thanks for the help.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The F40's/F40TT's have slots. The other thread showed the F35a's as having a 15.3mm spacing, but I couldn't find that drawing on PD's website.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [bearlyfinish] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the help. Which thread was that?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thread is here
Last edited by: bearlyfinish: Jan 28, 18 13:49
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Does anyone know if the PD F35's are the widest arm pads that will fit? I could use the arm pads themselves to be spaced out a little wider from the aero bars to get a little more comfortable.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bearlyfinish wrote:
I know the Profile Design F35i's won't work (plastic). There's another thread that says the alum ones should fit. It also looks like Profile Design's F40 or F40TT's should work. All those pads are >100 mm wide.

The F40 (to be renamed Boom) is basically a pad with the extender built in. Hence the alloy construction.

If you place these in the widest setting (the top set of holes with the way the image is oriented) the outer edge of the pads will be at 291mm, vs 275mm for the stock pads. You get a lot more granularity for reach and width adjustment too.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [JVanderveen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can't comment on build issues - I pay smarter people than me to build my bikes.

Travel - I use the Scicon Tri Specific bag and can have the bike packed in under 5 mins; only requires taking the wheels off.

Puncture kit - I used a plastic cylinder tool kit thingy and place it either in my jersey pocket on longer rides or rear bottle cage (mounted behind seat) on shorter rides. For races I tape CafeLatex to top tube.

Mark Pomery
Certified Triathlon Coach (Triathlon Australia)
http://www.swimcyclerunonline.com
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [markpomery] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hello, I do have the chance to get a 2014 Trinity Advanced SL in size L. Now I'm struggling a bit if this is the right size or not. I'm 183cm toll and I have heard that the frames are quite large. I went to a Giant dealer and they told me that the 2014-2015 frames are even bigger that the current and he said an M size would fit best. I would like to ask if these facts are true and I may not take the L size of this nice bike.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [Littlegrisu] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Of course there are many more factors than height to know for sure, I'd bet the medium is correct. I have the current gen, am right about your height, and ride a medium.

Can you test ride it first?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [dfroelich] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes I could do a test ride but it's not that close and the question is, is it worse it when the size is an L. I checked the giant manual and the L starts at around 1,88m. If this will never fit well I'm thinking to not try it at all. Thanks for the comments.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [Littlegrisu] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sounds big to me... I'm 178 cm and ride a small in the current version
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have an Advanced Pro 2 from 2016 that I bought from another STer in the classified section. So far I've loved the bike for the 6 months I've had it, however this morning when I tried to do a short trainer session I noticed a weird sound. After inspection I found that the plastic cover that goes over the rear break had become deformed, and it's rubbing against the small ring in the crankset.

I removed the crankset and took some pictures:

Has this happened to anybody? How did you fix it?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [TulkasTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have you tried popping off that cover and reinstalling?
If you’re not careful, you may miss a screw which sets that piece further out.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [JVanderveen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi

1st post as i've only just found this forum :) . Before Christmas I picked up my Trinity "TT Edition" on eBay. She's got a few sexy parts and was priced well.

Searching the internet i've really struggled to find information on the bike so I was glad when a google search turned up this thread.

I'm traditionally a short distance triathlete. So far i've done 3 duathlons on this bike and i'm impressed. It's my 1st proper TT bike.

The reason for my post is a question. I've entered a 70.3 in France this year and I want to add extra hydration / storage onto the bike. I'm struggling for information on if I can fit the Tri spec bike bento box and front hydrayion box. Does anybody know? If not what would be the best front mounted drinks system to use?

Oh, 2nd question. I have the frame number, if there anywhere I can look this up to see what year the bike is?

Many thanks

Dan

Last edited by: Livelee: Feb 17, 18 23:55
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [Livelee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are there any bosses on the top tube? The Benito screws in with 2 screws.

I am not sure about the difference between the two models, but the front bottle bolts up as well. You may need a few different pieces to get that to bolt up as well.

Could you post pics of the front end? I could composer it to mine and let you know.

Since it the black paint, I'd assume it's either 2016 or 2017.

Looks great!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If it helps, we make both a bolt-mounted bento and a strap-mounted bento (with advanced low profile straps) that fits perfectly on the Giant, the Speedpack 483D and Speedpack 483. More info in the signature below ...

Greg @ dsw

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [dfroelich] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi, yes pictures attached.

I've got the front end apart as i'm servicing the brakes and going to replace the cable running to the rear.

Looks like the bento might fit but I I fear I may need a new stem (hopefully not too expensive) and forks (probably very expensive) :( . All of that would make the job pointless and i'll look for an alternative solution.

This the latest bento? http://www.giantbikespares.com/...oduct_detail/3-42956

Thank you. I'm pleased with how she looks, that's the main thing ;)

Dan

Last edited by: Livelee: Feb 18, 18 10:51
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [DarkSpeedWorks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Greg.

Thanks for the link.

Do you ship internationally? (i'm in the UK) How does your bolt mounted box compare to the stock one from Giant?

Many Thanks

Dan
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Dan,
That all looks exactly the same as the TT version.
Of course, your fork is different, but everything bolts up to that nose piece, so the fork does not matter.

And yes...that is the latest version of the bento. The previous one was utter crap. If you can also source the new front bottle, then the bento will fit it perfectly, better than the dsw. If you are unable to get the front bottle and use some nonspecific bottle up the, the dsw would work great. (While the new, split-top giant bento is better, the zippered dsw is better yet.)

The bottle here: http://www.giantbikespares.com/...oduct_detail/3-43132 looks like the old version, but hard to tell in that tiny pic.
The old one has a smooth bottom.
The new one has a notch on the bottom and an additional piece that slides onto that notch.

I can get pics of all this if it helps.
Quote Reply

Prev Next