Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Olympic hottie thread locked - why?
Quote | Reply
Dan,

Why was this thread locked? It was pretty civil and light hearted, had contributions from both men and women, and had been around for years. Is sharing pictures of attractive athletes too politically incorrect for this place now?

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Re: Olympic hottie thread locked - why? [BCtriguy1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Maybe it got lumped into the "offensive thread" crackpipe brouhaha.
Quote Reply
Re: Olympic hottie thread locked - why? [spookini] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
spookini wrote:
Maybe it got lumped into the "offensive thread" crackpipe brouhaha.

Did that become a brouhaha? I thought it was just a haha. But now I don't see it, has it disappeared?

ETA - my old eyes must have missed it, I see it now

And the tri side gets an Olympic hottie thread, I feel discriminated against.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Last edited by: j p o: Feb 14, 18 7:44
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Someone posted a pic of a Russian curler today and slowman is not real happy about OAR. So my tinfoil hat tells me it's the Russians.

"I think I've cracked the code. double letters are cheaters except for perfect squares (a, d, i, p and y). So Leddy isn't a cheater... "
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Comportment.
Quote Reply
Re: Olympic hottie thread locked - why? [Leddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
well said
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Preemptive strike. There hasn't been a good ol' fashioned shitstorm around here since The Great Banishment Event and my guess is that Dan's spidey sense was tingling.

http://www.litespeed.com
Last edited by: TiDriver: Feb 14, 18 8:08
Quote Reply
Re: Olympic hottie thread locked - why? [TiDriver] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What makes it even better is many of those pics were the actual athletes trying to sexualize their bodies/sport. Volleyball players naked with the net covering nips? Curler bent over her stick wearing nothing but a thong? Ok.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Leddy wrote:
Someone posted a pic of a Russian curler today and slowman is not real happy about OAR. So my tinfoil hat tells me it's the Russians.

That was me that posted the photo. And to be clear, she would be considered hot regardless of where she was from. Did I mention that she was hot? Her curling partner is her husband.
Quote Reply
Re: Olympic hottie thread locked - why? [rick_pcfl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rick_pcfl wrote:
Leddy wrote:

That was me that posted the photo. And to be clear, she would be considered hot regardless of where she was from. Did I mention that she was hot? Her curling partner is her husband.

No arguments here. Just merely pointing out you ruined everyone's fun !

"I think I've cracked the code. double letters are cheaters except for perfect squares (a, d, i, p and y). So Leddy isn't a cheater... "
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Leddy wrote:

Yeah, I'm used to it. My wife mentioned something this morning about today being a special day, but I told her she was wrong because the TDF doesn't start until July.
Quote Reply
Re: Olympic hottie thread locked - why? [rick_pcfl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rick_pcfl wrote:
Leddy wrote:

Yeah, I'm used to it. My wife mentioned something this morning about today being a special day, but I told her she was wrong because the TDF doesn't start until July.

youre treading on thin ice.

so was a pic posted or was something said that offended someone?

ΜΟΛΩΝ-ΛΑΒΕ
we're doomed
Last edited by: Madduck: Feb 14, 18 9:23
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Leddy wrote:

What's Dan's beef with OAR? He thinks Russia should be allowed into the games, or he doesn't think any Russian athletes should be allowed to compete, or something else?

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Re: Olympic hottie thread locked - why? [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
slowguy wrote:
Leddy wrote:

What's Dan's beef with OAR? He thinks Russia should be allowed into the games, or he doesn't think any Russian athletes should be allowed to compete, or something else?

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/.../?page=unread#unread

I only read a bit of it yesterday. It started with if you are going to punish Russia for doping then "Russia" should not be mentioned in the Olympics. Between "Olympic Athletes from Russia" and the NBC commentators mentioning these athletes are Russian makes the reversal of all Russian athletes are banned to what we have now more comical. I think Dan went so far to say he was offended by all of it. Here's the thread in case I am off base with my cliff notes.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Leddy wrote:
slowguy wrote:
Leddy wrote:

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/.../?page=unread#unread

I only read a bit of it yesterday. It started with if you are going to punish Russia for doping then "Russia" should not be mentioned in the Olympics. Between "Olympic Athletes from Russia" and the NBC commentators mentioning these athletes are Russian makes the reversal of all Russian athletes are banned to what we have now more comical. I think Dan went so far to say he was offended by all of it. Here's the thread in case I am off base with my cliff notes.

Thanks. Not sure his argument makes sense, or that it should warrant locking a thread because one of the pictures was of an OAR athlete (not sure how much doping occurs in curling), but it's his forum.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Re: Olympic hottie thread locked - why? [Madduck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Madduck wrote:
rick_pcfl wrote:
Leddy wrote:

youre treading on thin ice.

so was a pic posted or was something said that offended someone?

Yep. She was in curling clothes and a bikini. GASP!!!

I doubt that is why the thread was locked. Probably because she didn't come out and express a hatred for Trump. :)
Quote Reply
Re: Olympic hottie thread locked - why? [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Thanks. Not sure his argument makes sense, or that it should warrant locking a thread because one of the pictures was of an OAR athlete (not sure how much doping occurs in curling), but it's his forum.

There is a debate in there if they should have been allowed at all and what they should be called. I think it comes down to instead of OAR just Olympic Athletes.

I was half kidding with that's why he locked it.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That thread is not locked. I just posted to it.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Olympic hottie thread locked - why? [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
That thread is not locked. I just posted to it.

The one here is locked. Scroll down
l
V

Last edited by: Leddy: Feb 14, 18 10:32
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If I recall, the original one was locked too. Having that many pics posted in one thread messes with the bandwidth or some other goobly gook.
Quote Reply
Re: Olympic hottie thread locked - why? [bluemonkeytri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Original Hottie Thread from the 2004 Olympics was EPIC

All I Wanted Was A Pepsi, Just One Pepsi

Team Zoot, Team Zoot Mid-Atlantic

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BCtriguy1 wrote:
Dan,

Why was this thread locked? It was pretty civil and light hearted, had contributions from both men and women, and had been around for years. Is sharing pictures of attractive athletes too politically incorrect for this place now?

Look at the screen name of the person who started that thread.

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply
Re: Olympic hottie thread locked - why? [H-] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LOL that I did not see!!!

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Re: Olympic hottie thread locked - why? [H-] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
H- wrote:
BCtriguy1 wrote:
Dan,

Look at the screen name of the person who started that thread.
. I started that thread years ago and just change my screen name a couple of days ago

I miss YaHey
Quote Reply
Re: Olympic hottie thread locked - why? [Cherrycracker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dude (I assume) f/k/a justgeorge, you are wicked. Flirting with getting banned I'm sure.

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply