Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Anyone Here Running 1x With a Connex Quick Link?
Quote | Reply
Just as the title states. Curious to hear your experience. Any noise from the quick link or chain retention issues?
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone Here Running 1x With a Connex Quick Link? [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Running Connex on 2x gearing for years on Shimano & SRAM chains, zero issues.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone Here Running 1x With a Connex Quick Link? [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are you just using the quick link or a complete Connex chain?

If you use a SRAM 1x front chainring with a Connex chain it's very noisy due to the extra chamfer on the 1x teeth, so I wouldn't say it's compatible
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
GreenPlease wrote:
Just as the title states. Curious to hear your experience. Any noise from the quick link or chain retention issues?

Yes. KMC Chain with Connex Link & SRAM Narrow-Wide Chainring on a P2M. Otherwise Shimano Ui2 Drivetrain. No issues with noise or Chain retention.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’ll double check but I believe that’s the quick link I use with my 1x and no issues with extra noise for me.

Twitter - Instagram
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone Here Running 1x With a Connex Quick Link? [iamAERO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
iamAERO wrote:
Are you just using the quick link or a complete Connex chain?

If you use a SRAM 1x front chainring with a Connex chain it's very noisy due to the extra chamfer on the 1x teeth, so I wouldn't say it's compatible

Just the quick link. Looking to set up my Power2Max crank with a 1x chainring, run a Shimano Dura Ace chain, Shimano 11-32 cassette, and an XTR Di2 rear derailleur.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yep. Connex 10spd link on SRAM chain on CX bike, single rotor ring, no issues. 2x with both SRAM and connex chains on tri bike, no issues.

------------------------------------------------------------
Any run that doesn't include pooping in someone's front yard is a win.
Quote Reply