Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

LeMond Revolution - Clicking Noise? Bad Bearings?
Quote | Reply
My LeMond Revolution trainer is making a strange clicking sound, mostly upon coasting.

Due to hip surgery, I'm relegated to range-of-motion use only on the trainer - thus, no need for noise canceling headphones. I start out my 30 minute PT sessions on the trainer with only mild drive-train noise, but 15-20 minutes into the session a clicking sound develops, especially upon coasting. The clicking continues even when I dismount the bike until the flywheel comes to a stop.

Has anyone else had this problem with their LeMond Trainer? Is a bearing going bad? If so, which one, and can it be repaired?

Michael
Quote Reply
Re: LeMond Revolution - Clicking Noise? Bad Bearings? [wacomme] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I suspect the bearing is a good guess.

My LeMond was still going strong when I stopped using it 2 years ago. The Power Pilot was a mess, though. If you're anywhere near Richmond, VA, you can have it, cheap.
Quote Reply
Re: LeMond Revolution - Clicking Noise? Bad Bearings? [FatandSlow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FatandSlow wrote:
I suspect the bearing is a good guess.

My LeMond was still going strong when I stopped using it 2 years ago. The Power Pilot was a mess, though. If you're anywhere near Richmond, VA, you can have it, cheap.

Yes. Finding replacement bearings (and not sure which ones are going bad) is likely to prove difficult.

I live in Colorado. But finding a new "used" Lemond Revolution may be my best bet.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anyone else? Thoughts? Suggestions?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I found this thread interesting as I also have a Revolution. No problems...knock on wood.

Is it the freehub bearings or the tensioner bearings? If it's the tensioner bearings, I found this on the RBR forum:

LeMonde Revolution trainer belt tensioner bearings

Several days ago my LeMonde Revloution trainer made a noise when I started riding that sounded like a bearing going bad. The noise lasted less than a minute and didn't come back. I took the trainer apart, listened to and felt the bearings while spinning them. The bearings under the belt tensioner felt loose and dry. The markings on the bearings did not corespond to any bearing I could find online. I measured the bearing and it matched a Boca 6802. I ordered an inexpensive pair of bearings from Boca and a belt from LeMonde, received and replaced them today. The belt tensioner bearings are quite small for the job so replacing them when they start to complain is to be expected.

I also found a link to the service manual:

https://www.manualslib.com/...mond-Revolution.html
Last edited by: BoKnowsT1D: Feb 13, 18 20:22
Quote Reply
Re: LeMond Revolution - Clicking Noise? Bad Bearings? [BoKnowsT1D] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes. Knock on wood. I bought the Revolution used last November (2 months ago). Having read how durable it is, I wasn't thinking there'd be any mechanical problems. Thus, I bought it knowing the company is out of business. But, #*^@ happens . . .

I saw those two postings. When I'm off crutches, I'll need to try my hand as a mechanic and take apart the trainer. I'm hoping it's the tensioner bearing, as this seems to be the easiest to get to, and the Boca 6802 bearings seem to be a good replacement.

If it's the freehub or the fan? bearings, I not sure if a replacement can be found.

I'm hoping I don't need to find another used Lemond Revolution trainer, but I'm starting to look.

Michael

BoKnowsT1D wrote:
I found this thread interesting as I also have a Revolution. No problems...knock on wood.

Is it the freehub bearings or the tensioner bearings? If it's the tensioner bearings, I found this on the RBR forum:

LeMonde Revolution trainer belt tensioner bearings

Several days ago my LeMonde Revloution trainer made a noise when I started riding that sounded like a bearing going bad. The noise lasted less than a minute and didn't come back. I took the trainer apart, listened to and felt the bearings while spinning them. The bearings under the belt tensioner felt loose and dry. The markings on the bearings did not corespond to any bearing I could find online. I measured the bearing and it matched a Boca 6802. I ordered an inexpensive pair of bearings from Boca and a belt from LeMonde, received and replaced them today. The belt tensioner bearings are quite small for the job so replacing them when they start to complain is to be expected.

I also found a link to the service manual:

https://www.manualslib.com/...mond-Revolution.html
Quote Reply