Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Pad rotation/angle on Felt Bayonet Bars?
Quote | Reply
I have a set of Felt Bayonet Bars(alloy) and I would love to know if anyone has a hack so I can angle the front of the pads upward? I'm in a mantis like position.
Quote Reply
Re: Pad rotation/angle on Felt Bayonet Bars? [cabdoctor] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
can you take some pictures of the pad holes and bolts? If they're tandem you can put washers under the front ones.

cabdoctor wrote:
I have a set of Felt Bayonet Bars(alloy) and I would love to know if anyone has a hack so I can angle the front of the pads upward? I'm in a mantis like position.

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
With the alloy Bayonet 3, you can just rotate the brackets on the base bar to angle the pads as much as you like.
However, theis will also change the angle of the extensions.
I have my pads angled upwards perhaps 15 degrees, which means the extension bracket is angled about 15 degrees also but I bought my bars with this in mind and it works out quite well. If you set up the pads where you want them, do you have any scope to adjust the extensions back down by rotating or reversing them in the brackets for example?
If not, I don't see why you couldn't adjust the pad angle a little using shims between the bracket and the pad holder.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just got fit this past Saturday and was tweaking the pad locations on the bars.

First: Go on Felts website and dl the IA bayonette PDF. It is extremely helpful and a very nice manual.

Second: have you considered going with an alternative pad company? There are several out there, specifically Drag2Zero, HED, Zipp, 3T...all make their own individual pads. Do your homework on bolt spacing.

Third: Consider a proper fit. On my old tri bike I had my pads (9.5" pad C-C) at praying mantis angle with the bar extensions at about 3" apart. I transferred this position over to my new Felt IA. I'm sure you can quickly visualize the angle needed. I did not find this position to be comfortable on the Felt IA.
When I got fit this past weekend, we actually moved the vertical support mounting location from the narrow mounting base bar position to the wider base bar position and affixed the extensions inside the extension bars. The pads sit external to the extension bar (as the extension bars and pad mounts are separate)This drastically increased the extension bar gap over my original bike (sorry, I don't have this measurement handy). I will admit, it looks a bit strange at first with the bars being so wide, but I now require no pad angle and extreme comfort has been achieved. To note, I have very wide shoulders from my swimming physique.

Fourth: If you dismissed the above idea, then check that manual and you will see the visual depiction of how to loosen the pad mounting screws (enough to just be loose) and then you can rotate the pad position. these screws will be under the jel pad supports.

Shoot me a PM and I can send you a pic to your email when I get back from vacation.
Quote Reply