Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
That Woodway treadmill story is finally up
Quote | Reply
Here we go

http://www.slowtwitch.com/..._a_reality_6737.html

Herbert

And feel free to hit me up with questions.

H
Quote Reply
Re: That Woodway treadmill story is finally up [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I bought my Woodway off Dirk Bockell a couple of years back. It's been one of the better multisport-related purchases I've made.
Quote Reply
Re: That Woodway treadmill story is finally up [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am also happy that I made the decision - despite the setbacks along the way. Running on it is so different when compared to other “dreadmills”
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Absolutely love "mine." We have two at my office gym. They rarely get used. Everyone else uses the Lifetime and PreCor machines (10+ of those).
Quote Reply
Re: That Woodway treadmill story is finally up [logella] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why do you think that is? Because the display on the others is fancier?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good story, thanks.

I really like mine. The one odd thing I’ve noticed is that for the same HR and cadence I run slower on the woodway compared with outside or other treadmills (all measured using the same Stryd footpod). I suspect it has to do with more belt compliance having a higher energy cost but not certain. At any rate, it’s a very consistent finding of 15-30 sec:/mi at easy pace. Anyone else experience the same thing?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Herbert wrote:
Why do you think that is? Because the display on the others is fancier?

No idea actually. Ours actually have a much nicer display than yours, including full TV with 50+ cable channels. I think they just don't recognize the name compared to the others. I'm not about to let to many folks in on the secret though. :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great to see your journey. I am just thankful for my personal fortune of scoring a used one delivered and set up in my basement for $2500 CDN (around $2000 USD) inclusive of taxes. Unfortunately, my local pool currently gets more mileage from my body than the treadmill but a time will come when it will be used full throttle again. In the mean time, my son seems to use it 5-7x per week, so it's not being wasted!
Last edited by: devashish_paul: Mar 31, 20 19:42
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
have you considered designing/incorporating better acoustics in your training room? adding acoustic panels might help dampen what i imagine is a fair amount of sound vibration/echoing in that room. a woodway is still on the to-be-purchased list but haven't quite had the money or the desire for it just yet (or the space, really). someday.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did you have the dedicated circuit already set up in anticipation of the treadmill?
Quote Reply
Re: That Woodway treadmill story is finally up [efernand] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It was not initially set up that way but it was not a big deal to set up in this case.
Quote Reply
Re: That Woodway treadmill story is finally up [jkhayc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I will surely look into it, and yes I think the room amplifies the noise.

jkhayc wrote:
have you considered designing/incorporating better acoustics in your training room? adding acoustic panels might help dampen what i imagine is a fair amount of sound vibration/echoing in that room. a woodway is still on the to-be-purchased list but haven't quite had the money or the desire for it just yet (or the space, really). someday.
Quote Reply
Re: That Woodway treadmill story is finally up [jkhayc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We don’t have a Woodway, though it’s on my wife’s wish list. As for the noise, I can’t tell for sure from the photos, but if you currently have concrete floors, rubber flooring will help reduce noise. It made a big difference in our garage.
Last edited by: kenpetruzzelli: Feb 13, 18 10:36
Quote Reply
Re: That Woodway treadmill story is finally up [kenpetruzzelli] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
But this is not the woodway curve machine, which is completely different from regular treadmill, as you are the motor, and you are seeing the pace. No plugging in required. I tried the curve and found it more taxing than a powered treadmill
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
we have 4 at the gym i run / swim at, and im trying to get us to purchase one at my work gym.

i DREAD running on anything other than a woodway at this point.

80/20 Endurance Ambassador
Quote Reply
Re: That Woodway treadmill story is finally up [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Man where did you find that deal!!! I am looking now. Best I am seeing is 3500 for a path that would included shipping to.

2024: Bevoman, Galveston, Alcatraz, Marble Falls, Santa Cruz
Quote Reply
Re: That Woodway treadmill story is finally up [Toothengineer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I stalked Craigslist and eBay every week for a long time and found one at a very low price, $1200 from a show biz person’s assistant. The delivery and setup was a few hundred more.

Sharon McN
@IronCharo
#TeamZoot
Clif Bar Pace Team 2003-2018
Quote Reply
Re: That Woodway treadmill story is finally up [SharonMcN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I got mine for $200 off CL. Had to drive 5 hours round-trip, load, unload and assemble, but again, $200.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Thread,

Which display do you recommend for a new Woodway?

Quote Reply
Re: That Woodway treadmill story is finally up [GreatScott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Since I use an iPad and have a TV I went with the most basic display
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Savvy đź‘Ť
Quote Reply
Re: That Woodway treadmill story is finally up [GreatScott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
With the newer displays you can connect to zwift. But I don't know if you can get that in the cheapest option.

Tiago
---------------------
Sponsors: : Blueseventy :
Quote Reply
Re: That Woodway treadmill story is finally up [sylvius] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I suspect it has to do with more belt compliance having a higher energy cost but not certain. At any rate, it’s a very consistent finding of 15-30 sec:/mi at easy pace. Anyone else experience the same thing? //

I have been running on Dan's, and I felt the same as you, that treadmill was definitely slower than all the others I run on in gyms, and my HOA. And those are all pro level commercial ones too. Then something interesting happened, we measured the belt on the 0% setting with leveling tools, and it came out .6/.7%. Then everything seemed to make some sense, we are running uphill slightly on the flats on the machine.

Now I dont know if this is the full reason for the slowness, but without an apples to apples comparison, have to go with that for now. Have you measured yours? My gut feeling is that even without the incline at 0, the machine is still slower than others. Only question is, are they just faster and the woodway is neutral, or the other way around?
Quote Reply
Re: That Woodway treadmill story is finally up [BrzilianTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BrzilianTri wrote:
With the newer displays you can connect to zwift. But I don't know if you can get that in the cheapest option.

i noticed they have a new built in "tv" model.

can you expand on what you know about how to run zwift on it? ive read on their site and its pretty vague regarding connections in the back for video display inputs.

80/20 Endurance Ambassador
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Our gym exclusively uses Woodways... they must have 120-140 of them. I have been very spoiled in the gym and every time I hop on my Sole at home I think "if only (I had spent a crap ton of money)" The most impressive thing to me is that one day I walked into the gym and a tech team from Woodway was there upgrading all of the treadmills. I chatted with them and they said they were replacing and upgrading the display and control modules because they wear out over time. They weren't replacing any of the belts or motors (or moving parts) because even with the abuse of the gym they were fine. Maybe when the Sole finally wears out:)

Prev Next