Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Bike Upgrade help
Quote | Reply
Good Afternoon!

I bought my first real bike two years ago, a 2012? 48cm cervelo p2 that rides on 650c wheels. I have some money to play with for an upgrade and not sure what to do. I could either go with some 650c race wheels or take this opportunity to get a bigger bike that rides 700c wheels. I'm 5'3 and on the softer side with long legs and a short torso.

I don't want to upgrade my wheels if my bike is too small for me. But shoe on the other foot, I don't want to upgrade my bike if the smaller bike is where I should be. I'll upload a pic on my profile. Thanks for any feedback!
Quote Reply
Re: Bike Upgrade help [Triteacher86] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I mean, first off I'd take that money to a good fitter and figure out if you're on the right bike to begin with. It's not as fun as sexy new wheels, but I wouldn't pour money into something that you might not even keep.

JustinDoesTriathlon

Owner, FuelRodz Endurance.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is a package deal quandary... Not many companies are making deep dish and disc 650c wheels. Assuming your bike fits you well and you could be happy with it for the long term, then invest in some good 650c wheels. If you are uncertain, then get a fit and determine whether you can optimize on your current bike versus buying a new bike. If you might want to hold off and get wheels to match your forever bike.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Post a pic here and perhaps you can get a fit opinion from a qualified fitter. If you keep the current bike, look for 650 wheels used. They're usually pretty inexpensive. Also consider aero helmet, better base bar and a covered front brake.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We have new 650's 25 mm wide - 50 mm, 88 mm and new disc that will be available in May. Full Carbon clinchers, tubeless ready if you decide to do the wheels.

Dan Kennison

facebook: @triPremierBike
http://www.PremierBike.com
http://www.PositionOneSports.com
Last edited by: dkennison: Feb 2, 18 17:38
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What crank arm length are you using?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How about a pic of you riding in the aero bars?

Jonathan Blyer,
ACME Bicycle Co., Brooklyn, NY
Quote Reply
Re: Bike Upgrade help [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
jimatbeyond wrote:
What crank arm length are you using?
embarrassingly enough, I’m not sure. Is there a way to find out?
Quote Reply
Re: Bike Upgrade help [FatandSlow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I couldn't get the file to shrink down. Not tech savvy at all. Someone said to get another bike fit and that looks like the most appealing route at this time. I am in the middle of a fat loss and have been using tris and crossfit to get there and it's been a year since getting fitted. About #30 down since my last fit. But if anyone has fit suggestions or any suggestions, I'm all ears.

And thank you for the feedback. This community is pretty great!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Look for the size marked on it.
Quote Reply
Re: Bike Upgrade help [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
170? I have no knowledge of crank lengths, so not totally sure if that’s standard or not. My bike is third hand
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
170mm is pretty standard on small frames, but you would probably be better off with 150mm.
Quote Reply