Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Good thing the White House is paying attention to the #metoo movement
Quote | Reply
https://www.cnn.com/...-who-knew/index.html

Who new such an honourable military man like John Kelly could forget his honour as soon as he joined Cadet Bone Spurs?

===============
Proud member of the MSF (Maple Syrup Mafia)
Quote Reply
Re: Good thing the White House is paying attention to the #metoo movement [CaptainCanada] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you think that they really give a shit? He's gone and this won't affect the rest of them in any way.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Good thing the White House is paying attention to the #metoo movement [CaptainCanada] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I cannot tolerate men who abuse their wives. But do you want to live in a society where men are fired as soon as an allegation comes out? I mean that is kind of happening now, but I would kind of prefer that an investigation take place first. Wouldn't you?

I would hope that they had a discussion with him when they first surfaced and made a decision to let the investigation proceed. Or would you prefer that we always take the word of accusers without any investigation before ruining someone's career?
Quote Reply
Re: Good thing the White House is paying attention to the #metoo movement [rick_pcfl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rick_pcfl wrote:
I cannot tolerate men who abuse their wives. But do you want to live in a society where men are fired as soon as an allegation comes out? I mean that is kind of happening now, but I would kind of prefer that an investigation take place first. Wouldn't you?

I would hope that they had a discussion with him when they first surfaced and made a decision to let the investigation proceed. Or would you prefer that we always take the word of accusers without any investigation before ruining someone's career?

Who would do the investigation?

Sounds like the FBI wasn't too keen on what they learned.
Quote Reply
Re: Good thing the White House is paying attention to the #metoo movement [rick_pcfl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rick_pcfl wrote:

If there are allegations that prevented the President's staff secretary from getting a security clearance, then that person should not be in that position until a security clearance can be obtained. Failing that, he's gone. Why do you think Porter couldn't get the SC? Pretty sure they do an investigation into anyone applying for a security clearance (hell, they talked to my college roommate when I applied for one).

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
rick_pcfl wrote:

Well there was clearly enough smoke to make the FBI stop the security clearance. So yes, he should have been dismissed. And having Hope Hicks, who is romantically involved with said abuser, draft Kelly’s initial statement is just stupid.

===============
Proud member of the MSF (Maple Syrup Mafia)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
CaptainCanada wrote:
rick_pcfl wrote:

Well there was clearly enough smoke to make the FBI stop the security clearance. So yes, he should have been dismissed. And having Hope Hicks, who is romantically involved with said abuser, draft Kelly’s initial statement is just stupid.

I wonder if they thought, well if we get the woman he is currently involved with to go to bat for him that will look good.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah, Kelly said last night he was "shocked" by the "new allegations " that he's known about since last fall. Shocked I say!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
CaptainCanada wrote:
rick_pcfl wrote:

So, a couple of things to note. It appears that Mr. Porter did have a clearance. What he had was an interim clearance, which most people get when they're in the process of getting a new clearance, pending the background investigation and receipt of a "final clearance." The issue here is that Mr. Porter continued to work under an interim clearance for so long.

Second, the FBI didn't necessarily hold up granting a final clearance because there was "smoke" to the allegations. It appears that they felt the allegations were items that could be used to blackmail him, which put him in a potentially dangerous position. That doesn't imply that the charges were accurate or proven, only that they could be used against Mr. Porter in attempts to get him to divulge classified information. It doesn't appear, as of yet, that the FBI or any law enforcement agency has found the allegations serious or credible enough to open a criminal investigation.

I'm not arguing that Mr. Porter did or did not do the things his ex-wives allege he did, just correcting a couple of things that get lost in translation when the media (who generally don't have a clue about how these processes work) report on this sort of thing.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Re: Good thing the White House is paying attention to the #metoo movement [ThisIsIt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He should've been suspended on the first allegation then an initial investigation should've been conducted to ascertain the validity of the allegations. He then should've been advised the first review has shown the allegations to be credible therefore he's terminated. The remainder of the investigation is then conducted to ensure a solid defense if the sues for wrongful termination.

It's really not that complicated - whether it's a public or private employee.

Having said that - he's out and that is the only important factor. Lighting up Kelly or the WH is just minor partisan politics IMO. But, such is the nature of life these days.
Quote Reply
Re: Good thing the White House is paying attention to the #metoo movement [JD21] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Having said that - he's out and that is the only important factor.

Well, it seems like it would be kind of important to see if he actually committed these offenses, right? Or are we just fine with disgracing, smearing, and ruining people's careers based solely on allegations now?

Slowguy

Quote Reply
Re: Good thing the White House is paying attention to the #metoo movement [JD21] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JD21 wrote:
He should've been suspended on the first allegation then an initial investigation should've been conducted to ascertain the validity of the allegations. He then should've been advised the first review has shown the allegations to be credible therefore he's terminated. The remainder of the investigation is then conducted to ensure a solid defense if the sues for wrongful termination.

It's really not that complicated - whether it's a public or private employee.

Having said that - he's out and that is the only important factor. Lighting up Kelly or the WH is just minor partisan politics IMO. But, such is the nature of life these days.

Who does the investigation? FBI in this case? As a private employee who would do such an investigation? Just curious.
Quote Reply
Re: Good thing the White House is paying attention to the #metoo movement [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
klehner wrote:
rick_pcfl wrote:

If there are allegations that prevented the President's staff secretary from getting a security clearance, then that person should not be in that position until a security clearance can be obtained. Failing that, he's gone. Why do you think Porter couldn't get the SC? Pretty sure they do an investigation into anyone applying for a security clearance (hell, they talked to my college roommate when I applied for one).

A buddy of mine's brother is a Secret Service agent. They went back and talked to his teachers. One was a 3rd grade teacher.

_____
TEAM HD
Each day is what you make of it so make it the best day possible.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As deplorable as Porter's actions were, he's by no means the worst amongst the cast of characters in the WH.

Remember - It's important to be comfortable in your own skin... because it turns out society frowns on wearing other people's
Quote Reply
Re: Good thing the White House is paying attention to the #metoo movement [Guffaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yikes. You think someone has done worse than beat their wife?! Pray tell...
Quote Reply
Re: Good thing the White House is paying attention to the #metoo movement [ThisIsIt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
HR would do the initial investigation - as should've been the case with a WH staffer. If there's a possibility of a crime being committed then the authorities should be alerted.

Otherwise, on the allegation for this type of issue a quick review by internal HR should be done (days) to ascertain the credibility of the allegations. To respond to the other post regarding taking actions on allegations alone - given this particular type of allegation I would recommend asking the individual to either take a few days off or work from home (partial suspension) and ask for a quick initial HR review.

IMO - in this case that would have been sufficient to determine the allegations were credible and action needs to be taken. It is also possible he lied on his job application but I don't know about that.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ThisIsIt wrote:

I will admit that I haven't read much on this situation.

In a situation like this I'm not sure who would conduct the investigation. I assume that the agency conducting it for the clearance would continue it in order to determine if the allegations are credible.

Having said that, I also assume that the agency would only seek to determine if the allegations are credible and the only action they would take would be to deny the clearance.

Klehner mentioned that his job would most likely require a TS clearance. I would assume that once the agency determined he was not eligible, they would notify the WH who I am sure would act with all due haste and transparency in terminating his employment. Okay - I almost got the last part out with a straight face.

I am not losing any sleep over his dismissal. If he abused his ex-wives, he has some issues/problems and should not have been kept in his position.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
rick_pcfl wrote:
ThisIsIt wrote:

I will admit that I haven't read much on this situation.

In a situation like this I'm not sure who would conduct the investigation. I assume that the agency conducting it for the clearance would continue it in order to determine if the allegations are credible.

Having said that, I also assume that the agency would only seek to determine if the allegations are credible and the only action they would take would be to deny the clearance.

Klehner mentioned that his job would most likely require a TS clearance. I would assume that once the agency determined he was not eligible, they would notify the WH who I am sure would act with all due haste and transparency in terminating his employment. Okay - I almost got the last part out with a straight face.

I am not losing any sleep over his dismissal. If he abused his ex-wives, he has some issues/problems and should not have been kept in his position.

To be clear, I doubt he needed a TS clearance. He never got a Secret clearance, apparently.

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Re: Good thing the White House is paying attention to the #metoo movement [Guffaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Guffaw wrote:
As deplorable as Porter's actions were, he's by no means the worst amongst the cast of characters in the WH.

Alleged. Carry on...

Quote Reply
Re: Good thing the White House is paying attention to the #metoo movement [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
He never got a Secret clearance, apparently.

Reports indicate he got an interim clearance. At what level, I don't know. But an interim clearance is still a clearance.

Slowguy

Quote Reply
Re: Good thing the White House is paying attention to the #metoo movement [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
slowguy wrote:
Quote:
He never got a Secret clearance, apparently.

Reports indicate he got an interim clearance. At what level, I don't know. But an interim clearance is still a clearance.

You and your "facts". Aren't you in Russia? Who, exactly are you working for Mr. slowguy? What do you know about the election?!? WE DEMAND ANSWERS!!!

Quote Reply
Re: Good thing the White House is paying attention to the #metoo movement [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:
Yeah, Kelly said last night he was "shocked" by the "new allegations " that he's known about since last fall. Shocked I say!

Kelly's indefensible attack on the California Congresswoman (I was on his side before the facts came to light) pretty well shattered my hopes and expectations for what he'd help restore to the office.

He's turning out to be every bit the disaster I've come to expect at every level of this administration.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Three women with near identical stories of abuse, with a photo of an injury that he (mostly) doesn't deny inflicting. There comes a point when it's reasonable to part ways with people like this, in high profile positions, regardless of whether he's been given due process in court.

Sarah Sanders reading his flat out denials was just...well, it was just another day in the White House Press Room. It's laughable on its face. Why even read it aloud? Part ways and move along.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kelly needs to go with most inWH now. Kelly has turned into a liar too. This episode and black congresswoman episode. What next? And mad dog needs to tell Bone Spurs (did u see his Cadet marching picture-no spurs there)to stick the parade up his rather large arse.
Quote Reply
Re: Good thing the White House is paying attention to the #metoo movement [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sphere wrote:
Three women with near identical stories of abuse, with a photo of an injury that he (mostly) doesn't deny inflicting. There comes a point when it's reasonable to part ways with people like this, in high profile positions, regardless of whether he's been given due process in court.

Sarah Sanders reading his flat out denials was just...well, it was just another day in the White House Press Room. It's laughable on its face. Why even read it aloud? Part ways and move along.

She makes Baghdad Bob look like Walter fucking Cronkite...

At least when Spicer was trying to feed us a load of bullshit, he'd kinda blink and make a scrunchy face like he could actually still taste the shit coming out of his mouth.
Last edited by: OneGoodLeg: Feb 8, 18 13:45
Quote Reply

Prev Next