Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

BP Stealth on Computrainer?
Quote | Reply
The brake rubs, but can I leave it off and only do steady efforts. No standing or sprints. Will I damage the frame from the flex on the chainstays?
Quote Reply
Re: BP Stealth on Computrainer? [Rider17] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bump. Even if it is like the omni or something else with only a horizontal chain stay. Does the flex hurt the integrity of the frame with time riding on a fixed trainer?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Rider17 wrote:
bump. Even if it is like the omni or something else with only a horizontal chain stay. Does the flex hurt the integrity of the frame with time riding on a fixed trainer?
That is entirely dependent on how the frame was designed, made, and tested. The BP Stealth is a very old design, and the testing standards of the time were not nearly as stringent as they are now. To pass ISO testing (which Omni has), you have to go through some very rigorous and difficult fatigue tests.

We have a little info on this at http://www.tririg.com/...?c=omni&page=faq - towards the bottom of the page. And we're working on a more comprehensive page about testing, because it's something people have asked about and seems like generally people are in the dark about this stuff.

It's worth noting that there are some companies TODAY making radical frames that advise their customers NOT to ride the bike in a trainer. So I would guess that they know their frame doesn't pass the ISO tests. My guess is that the BP Stealth, as old as it is, is not going to stand up to today's tests, and if it were my bike, I'm not sure I'd ride it in the trainer.

And just to be clear, the TriRig Omni is totally safe to ride on a trainer.

--
TriRig.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Whoaaaaah, a blast from the past. I used to ride my Mongoose RX 9.7 - same frame as yours. I had mine on a DOS- Era Computrainer for 3 seasons. The frame eventually cracked bottom bracket area. My bike mechanic did not think it was connected to me using it on the CT. My current CT mule is a Softride.

http://www.fitspeek.com the Fraser Valley's fitness, wellness, and endurance sports podcast
Quote Reply
Re: BP Stealth on Computrainer? [TriRig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks guys. Looks like I'll keep it in the stable for tune up rides and races.

Btw, nick, love your products. Any plans for a longer Sigma?
Quote Reply