Quote | Reply
Over/under?

I'd say 50-60 days...

See:
https://www.vanityfair.com/...-heading-for-divorce
Quote Reply
Re: How long will Kelly last? [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My guess is the decision has already been made and they are just waiting for the most opportune time. Likely to coincide with the next big negative story that needs to be buried.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
But but but.. I thought Donnie loves him some generals?

"Great guy, doing fantastic job. We'll see what happens."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ivanka is going to find a replacement? Well that's reassuring.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
   As Hillary would say, at this point, what different does it make? I remember all the excitement of Tillerson's imminent departure, so don't get too excited here.
Last edited by: dave_w: Jan 23, 18 6:58
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
CBS News said that Rex Tillerson was going to be gone in two weeks. That was in early December.

The fakemedia's record in predicting anything is pretty bad. Pay no attention to them.
Quote Reply
Re: How long will Kelly last? [spookini] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
spookini wrote:
But but but.. I thought Donnie loves him some generals?

"Great guy, doing fantastic job. We'll see what happens."

He loves them all right. Remember his stellar military record? Had his flat feet not held him back Donnie would have won the war single handily

"The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Quote Reply
Re: How long will Kelly last? [Jim @ LOTO, MO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jim @ LOTO, MO wrote:
CBS News said that Rex Tillerson was going to be gone in two weeks. That was in early December.

The fakemedia's record in predicting anything is pretty bad. Pay no attention to them.

I'm relatively adverse to commenting on politics in the LR but what sticks out to me is this is not a debate as to the fakemedia's predictions but rather Kay's question (I recognize the link shared in the OP). For the record I have no idea what the media is predicting (did not click the link) but I will agree with the opinion that Kelly is gone when most convenient (no timeline...but probably within a few months).

For the record - I hope I'm wrong.
Last edited by: Skipjack: Jan 22, 18 19:29
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jim @ LOTO, MO wrote:

I dont recall that exact prediction, though I'm sure you can cite it for us. Ever since Tillerson called Trump a moron (allegedly!!), his days seem numbered. It was in both their interests to make the relationship last a bit longer though. We'll see...

What about when the fake media said Sean Spicer would be out? Or Reince Priebus? Or Steve Bannon? Or Sebastian Gorka?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:
Jim @ LOTO, MO wrote:

What about when the fake media said Sean Spicer would be out? Or Reince Priebus? Or Steve Bannon? Or Sebastian Gorka?

Umm... These aren’t the droids you’re looking for?
Quote Reply
Re: How long will Kelly last? [OneGoodLeg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Uhh, you had to mention Gorka... That dude makes my skin crawl.

The more pressing question might be how much longer will FLOTUS stick around? And in the event of a split, who gets custody of Stormy's signed DVD boxset??
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Uh oh. Trump just tweeted his support for Kelly. #kissofdeath

"Thank you to General John Kelly, who is doing a fantastic job, and all of the Staff and others in the White House, for a job well done. Long hours and Fake reporting makes your job more difficult, but it is always great to WIN, and few have won more than us"
#winning!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
spookini wrote:
Uhh, you had to mention Gorka... That dude makes my skin crawl.

The more pressing question might be how much longer will FLOTUS stick around? And in the event of a split, who gets custody of Stormy's signed DVD boxset??

I would believe that she is miserable now as she is likely having to spend more time near Trump than she did before. Before he was president, she could probably travel, explore, dine and shop anytime she wanted. If she wanted to meet up with a friend, no problem. Now, she's a bit more confined. I can imagine that she's a bit unhappy about it. Then, throw in the fact that she's married to *him*. Ugh.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:
Uh oh. Trump just tweeted his support for Kelly. #kissofdeath

"Thank you to General John Kelly, who is doing a fantastic job, and all of the Staff and others in the White House, for a job well done. Long hours and Fake reporting makes your job more difficult, but it is always great to WIN, and few have won more than us"
#winning!

So, based on the #kissofdeath history, he's letting the entire WH staff go. He's gonna regret that when he pushes the Diet Coke button and one doesn't arrive.

Travis Rassat
Vector Cycle Works
Noblesville, IN
BikeFit Instructor | FMS | F.I.S.T. | IBFI
Toughman Triathlon Series Ambassador
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:
Uh oh. Trump just tweeted his support for Kelly.
It's simple color-by-numbers from here on out:

1. Very very special, one of the best
2. Doing a fantastic job
3. We'll see what happens
4. Thank you for your service
5. Was treated very unfairly by the media
6. Attack via twitter; include childish nickname
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

When Trump groupies like Jim talk about "fake media", they simply mean when the media reports things they don't agree with. They could be right 99 out of 100 times but they will focus on the one they get wrong and dismiss everything else.

You must be new around here.

Quote Reply
Re: How long will Kelly last? [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:

When Trump groupies like Jim talk about "fake media", they simply mean when the media reports things they don't agree with. They could be right 99 out of 100 times but they will focus on the one they get wrong and dismiss everything else.

Of all the goofy stuff this administration has done, nothing scare me more than the systematic attempt to discredit the media. How long before we have a Ministry of Truth?
Quote Reply
Re: How long will Kelly last? [Thom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thom wrote:
Sanuk wrote:

Of all the goofy stuff this administration has done, nothing scare me more than the systematic attempt to discredit the media. How long before we have a Ministry of Truth?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJkc_C5-Cd8
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i think he is a long way from the front of the line at the exit and they all can't leave in 2 months - so I'll go for over

he's been one of the disappointments to me. Some of his actions make him seem like a true believer rather than a moderating influence, although that may just be a following orders things.

Also, wasn't impressed with him not being able to comprehend that a grieving widow may need to receive a different type of phone call to a fellow general getting the same message about his son.

Still, i don't think he's front of the queue at the exit door unless he goes crazy and starts talking about DJT evolving his thinking on anything
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jim @ LOTO, MO wrote:

Trump's recently announced fakenews awards were classic.

Number one on the list was the NY Time's economist, Paul Krugman, who previously won the Nobel prize in "economic sciences," LOL. Immediately after the election, Krugman was asked for his economic opinion. Calling Trump "the mother of all adverse effects," Krugman predicted that the markets would never recover and that we were heading for a global recession.

If the guy had been working as an economist, he would have been fired, and likely sued. Yet the NY Times still publishes his drivel. Irresponsible behavior by both.

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply
Re: How long will Kelly last? [H-] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can you help me understand how an "opinion" can be deemed fake news? You do understand what actual fake news is, right?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:
Can you help me understand how an "opinion" can be deemed fake news? You do understand what actual fake news is, right?

He gave an opinion. DJT pretends that it was reported as news by the NY Times so that he can declare it fake. Just another attempt to blur the line between fact and fiction. When facts become subjective, people are free to believe what they want to believe.

This is textbook Orwell/Third Reich stuff.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:

It's anything you disagree with at the current moment, correct?

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:

Krugman, proffered by the NY Times as an economic expert, offered a stupid opinion, which was irresponsible on his part and irresponsible for the NY Times to publish.

But let's discuss the meaning of "fakenews" as it is colloquially understood today in America.

Perhaps Trump should have said "fake economics" and "fake editorial intelligence." But since it is coming from what is still thought of as a newspaper, I think fakenews is close enough.

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply
Re: How long will Kelly last? [H-] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
H- wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:

Krugman, proffered by the NY Times as an economic expert, offered a stupid opinion, which was irresponsible on his part and irresponsible for the NY Times to publish.

But let's discuss the meaning of "fakenews" as it is colloquially understood today in America.

Perhaps Trump should have said "fake economics" and "fake editorial intelligence." But since it is coming from what is still thought of as a newspaper, I think fakenews is close enough.

That was a fake answer.
Quote Reply

Prev Next