Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Cycling rides Kissimmee
Quote | Reply
We will be in Kissimmee for 2 weeks in feb are there any local teams or clubs that ride near there?
Quote Reply
Re: Cycling rides Kissimmee [SlammedStance] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Clermont is not far. lotsa of good stuff there. don't know about the rides, etc as I live far from there, but i'm sure someone will chime in
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
if you're there on Feb 11 you could do the Tour Latino Gran Fondo, starting in Clermont. I happened to be there last year and did it. Nice event. Can make it a hard, fast ride if you get with the front group.

https://raceroster.com/...005/2018-tour-latino

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you bring your TT bike you can drive ~15 minutes to the Van Fleet Trail where you can get on your aero bars and hammer for 40 miles or so without having to worry about cars.

That said, I'd be cautious about riding around the immediate vicinity of Kissimmee. That part of CFL has really become built up in the last few years and there's a lot of traffic.

Depending on where you are in Kissimmee, Clermont is a bit of a hike: 20-30 minutes depending on traffic.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
there are a lot of quiet roads leading off avalon road as well as avalon itself.i have ridden plenty of 100 milers without getting board of repeating any one route.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You may want to check with the Windermere Roadies website, as they usually have had a lot of info on rides when I used to live down there. Kissimmee proper is pretty crazy and busy. If you have time to swim, check out "Lucky's Lake Swim for a cool open water swim experience and the YM Natatorium (where Rowdie Gaines directs) is just down the road from you. Better swim than ride options unless you don't mind a bit of a hike. I'd agree Clermont is awesome riding though......
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks guys.
I really don’t want to take the tt bike. I don’t want it hanging off the back of the Rv. Was looking for kinda like some team rides. Something that will work me to death.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Lots of good riding around Clermont. Get out of Kissimmee. Hwy 27 is ok but busy, you can ride the bike strip. There are tons of triathletes riding in that area. A lot of riders swim at NTC then go ride out to places like sugarloaf. Check Strava. There are lots of pros using that area. We rode Farris Al Sultans wheel for a while one ride. Oh, and there are plenty of hills in Clermont.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply