Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

SRAM R2C vs Zipp R2C
Quote | Reply
Hi,

I have a pair of SRAM R2Cs and Zipp R2Cs. They look like they are structurally identical apart from the lever. Is there actually any difference between these apart from cosmetics (and maybe some very minor drag differences)?

Would anyone recommend one over the other?

Cheers!
Last edited by: BikedPotato: Jan 13, 18 21:03
Quote Reply
Re: SRAM R2C vs Zipp R2C [BikedPotato] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The zipps are only available for 10-speed.
Quote Reply
Re: SRAM R2C vs Zipp R2C [bllx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks - both are 10 speed, which is what I need. Would The potential for 11 speed be the only real difference?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Never ran the SRAM, but I loved how large the levers were on the Zipps. I rotated them up and actually used them as a point to grab onto (first pic in profile shows this). I don't think this would be possible with the SRAMs, but maybe it is? Also, the Zipps are supposed to be more aero.

My YouTubes

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
the rebuild instructions are the same, and I seen to remember the rebuild kits I bought, work on both.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I thought that SRAM R2C was not Shimano compatible, but Zipps were shimano compatible(?). There must be something different about them (if this is the case). Perhaps there's something about the levers that changes the pull ratio?
Quote Reply
Re: SRAM R2C vs Zipp R2C [beston] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SRAM R2C is not Shimano compatible. Zipp R2C used to be in 2 different versions, Shimano or SRAM.

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I used both at one stage and preferred the Zipp due to the fatter lever but I do have big hands
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have 2 sets of the Zipp for Shimano, and I have 2 sets of the SRAM, all in 10sp. I have rebuilt the Zipp/Shimano with the rebuild kit that SRAM sells. I have not taken the SRAM shifters apart in order to compare the teeth spacing and splines on the ratchet systems with the Zipp ones that I have rebuilt. However, when I called SRAM and asked how one rebuild kit can service both models, I was told that it does. My rebuilt Zipp/Shimano shifters work just fine so far.

I was always under the impression that Zipp and SRAM have different pull ratios, and so therefore the ratchet teeth should be different. Again, I have not torn the SRAM shifters apart in order to compare.

Personally, I like the bigger "chicken nugget" lever of the Zipp shifters.

Team Zoot-Texas, and Pickle Juice
Quote Reply
Re: SRAM R2C vs Zipp R2C [LAI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you're fit correctly your hands are likely to be right on the levers. So whether they are more "aero" or not, will not make a bit of real world difference, your hands will be grasping them anyhow.
Quote Reply
Re: SRAM R2C vs Zipp R2C [Rocky M] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agree 100%. However, in my specific case they were more aero because they allowed me to have my grip a certain way. Not sure that is possible with the thin levers of the SRAM version, but I bet I could make it work. Anyhow, doesn't matter much, as mech shifting is so 2013. ;)

My YouTubes

Quote Reply