Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

A chat with Chris Legh about the sport, duathlon, doping ...
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: A chat with Chris Legh about the sport, duathlon, doping ... [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Herbert. Great interview.

I'm glad someone is trying to revive duathlon in the States. I'd love to see a PowerMan event in the NorthEast. We lost two standalone duathlons in the Boston area last year and it appears we lost two more this year. I'm bummed.

As a non-swimming triathlete, I would jump at the chance to do some more challenging duathlon. I race primarily short course (topping out at Olympic/Standard distance) races but I'd jump at the opportunity to do something a bit longer (AmZof is a bit much for me).

Bummer Lyon is at 5300'. As a low-lander, I've have some not-so-positive experiences trying to do training runs in the Boulder area.
Quote Reply
Re: A chat with Chris Legh about the sport, duathlon, doping ... [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks Herbert, enjoyed the interview.

I am looking forward to Powerman CO in Lyons.. hope to stay healthy enough this year to actually participate in some races, Powerman (short course) is on the short list..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Very nice, i had forgotten that he was so young (23 in '96) when he started racing as a pro at Kona.

"Anyone can be who they want to be IF they have the HUNGER and the DRIVE."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Chris said "real estate building project"--what is that all about?
Quote Reply
Re: A chat with Chris Legh about the sport, duathlon, doping ... [Rocky M] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It was long as us and I also did not want to stray. Ask him at the bottom of the interview and I bug him to answer
Quote Reply
Re: A chat with Chris Legh about the sport, duathlon, doping ... [HandHeartCrown] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great article. Although Chris is not as "old school" as some in the sport, he perhaps was among the second wave of professional endurance triathletes. His comeback after the Hawaii incident is amazing and a testament to his drive and dedication to his craft. Proof of his recent skills is that he ran a 2:29 at the 2017 BOA Chicago Marathon in the 40-44 AG.  Of particular note, is that he advocates for triathletes to race more.  I think this has been lost over the years when triathletes would race all distances and even running races to sharpen their fitness. They may have focused on a few particular races but didn't "throw them away" as a B or C race contested just for fun.  Racing more is especially helpful for those athletes that do the majority or all their training by themselves. You can NOT expect to race fast if you don't train fast and racing can be the best form of training. You don't always know when that breakthrough performance is going to happen.  

Doug Marocco USAT #1039 I have been doing this sport for a while!
Quote Reply
Re: A chat with Chris Legh about the sport, duathlon, doping ... [HandHeartCrown] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AmZof has 3 distances.

The short on is 5/29/5.

Takes about 35 - 45 minutes longer than an Olympic tri for us “non-swimmers”

F-1 and long course. Yes those take a very long time.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Not a lot of Aussies agree with me, but without his heart condition, I think Chris would have been in the top 3 long course male athletes AUS ever produced. Even with the problems he had on race day in 97, he was still running with Hellreigel at 10-12k into the marathon before the wheels began to really fall off.
Quote Reply