Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Anywhere reasonable to rent a disc rear wheel in San Diego?
Quote | Reply
Hey gang, wondering if there's anywhere in San Diego to rent an 11 spd disc that's reasonably priced? I found only one place so far, and they want $150/day. For that price, I'll keep hunting for a used one to buy (challenge is I really don't want a tubular, and most of the affordable used ones are tubs).

Thanks, if you have any ideas. :)

Best,
Dave
Quote Reply
Re: Anywhere reasonable to rent a disc rear wheel in San Diego? [Super D] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Might try Moment Bicycles, if you haven't yet.
Quote Reply
Re: Anywhere reasonable to rent a disc rear wheel in San Diego? [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
Might try Moment Bicycles, if you haven't yet.

Thanks, I did talk to the northern-most location, didn't have anything, got a call into the southern one now to see if they have anything.

If it's similar cost as my first post, I'll probably end up getting an aerojacket, or looking for a Sub-$500 used disc wheel instead. Easier to have it on-hand, so I can get it set up earlier and check drivetrain adjustment the day before if I own it, just hesitant to buy since budget is lean and I won't use it other than for a few TT's.
Quote Reply
Re: Anywhere reasonable to rent a disc rear wheel in San Diego? [Super D] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why wouldn't you get a wheel cover from wheelbuilder.com? It will be cheaper than a one time rental and you can use it as much as you want. They are faster than many solid disk wheels since they end up having a lenticular shape as opposed to flat.
Quote Reply
Re: Anywhere reasonable to rent a disc rear wheel in San Diego? [kdw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kdw wrote:
Why wouldn't you get a wheel cover from wheelbuilder.com? It will be cheaper than a one time rental and you can use it as much as you want. They are faster than many solid disk wheels since they end up having a lenticular shape as opposed to flat.

That’s what I meant by saying I may get an aero jacket in the post above. Not opposed to that.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Get a used Renn (they show up on ST Classifieds on a reasonably regular basis). Got mine (575 Clincher) for <$300. Discs are a great deal used since they are pretty much race-only wheels so the mileage is low.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply