Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Anyone try the Specialized Power Arc yet?
Quote | Reply
Looks promising.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone try the Specialized Power Arc yet? [BoKnowsT1D] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Came real close to pulling the trigger...and then realized that wasn't the new Sitero....which someone located on the Canada Specialized site, and Specialized told my LBS it won't be available until 2019. Still scratching my head on that approach.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've been riding the Power Arc on my road bike since September or so, really like it. Was on the previous Power saddle before that, and while I liked it OK the Power ARC is a big improvement for me
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone try the Specialized Power Arc yet? [jsk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jsk wrote:
I've been riding the Power Arc on my road bike since September or so, really like it. Was on the previous Power saddle before that, and while I liked it OK the Power ARC is a big improvement for me

What differences on the Arc do you find are an improvement?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I can't quite figure out the difference between them. I've been using the power for the past 2 years and am curious what it's all about.

I don't mind the power but in the back of my mind I'm always curious about what's more comfortable.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone try the Specialized Power Arc yet? [tickyboy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As the name implies, the Arc is curved in frontal cross section, whereas the original Power is flat. Looks more pronounced than the Pro Stealth, which is my current saddle of choice.

ZONE3 - We Last Longer
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone try the Specialized Power Arc yet? [Bdaghisallo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bdaghisallo wrote:
jsk wrote:

The area where the saddle starts to get wider, it also curves down to the sides. Easiest way I can describe it is the difference between straddling a log (Power Arc) versus a plank (old Power). The Power Arc also has a little less 'dip', although it's still not completely flat from front to back.

On the old Power saddle, if I sat far enough back to fully support my sit bones, the edge of the saddle kind of dug in. So I ended up riding a little more forward, which worked OK for a low, aggressive riding position; but on longer rides I would still get some numbness despite the cut out, because my sit bones weren't fully supported.

On the Power Arc I can sit a little farther back but still get into a low, aggressive position and I have no disomfort from the saddle edges and no problems with numbness.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone try the Specialized Power Arc yet? [jsk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jsk wrote:
Bdaghisallo wrote:
jsk wrote:

The area where the saddle starts to get wider, it also curves down to the sides. Easiest way I can describe it is the difference between straddling a log (Power Arc) versus a plank (old Power). The Power Arc also has a little less 'dip', although it's still not completely flat from front to back.

On the old Power saddle, if I sat far enough back to fully support my sit bones, the edge of the saddle kind of dug in. So I ended up riding a little more forward, which worked OK for a low, aggressive riding position; but on longer rides I would still get some numbness despite the cut out, because my sit bones weren't fully supported.

On the Power Arc I can sit a little farther back but still get into a low, aggressive position and I have no disomfort from the saddle edges and no problems with numbness.

Thanks for that. You've explained it well.
Quote Reply