Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Felt DA top tube storage
Quote | Reply
I have a felt DA from 2013, and was wondering if anyone has added the top tube bosses for storage units in particular, the new Bento box from Torhans. I'm wondering if anyone knows if that new Torhans bento would actually fit correctly with no overhang? and if anyone who has done this, have pictures?
Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Felt DA top tube storage [mpeardon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you mean drill holes in your carbon frame to bolt a small bag to your frame? Sounds like a very bad plan that could end up being very expensive when you destroy your frame. I would by an XLAB bag with Velcro straps instead.

Personal best:
Ironman 9:22:02
Ironman 70.3 4:20:00
Quote Reply
Re: Felt DA top tube storage [teinvall] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dark Speed Works has a nice Velcro solution too...that's what I have on my DA.
Quote Reply
Re: Felt DA top tube storage [JoelO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pics on bike?
Quote Reply
Re: Felt DA top tube storage [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll take a pic this evening.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was thinking about doing that as well then realized that it wasn’t worth it to void warranty and possibly mess up the frame. I don’t want straps so was going to test out some double stick tape to hold on bento.

Twitter - Instagram
Quote Reply
Re: Felt DA top tube storage [jrielley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thinking about a torhans with 3M two sided tape.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pics????????????
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I used the profile design bento for a couple fulls. Used strong velcro and had no issues. Peeled off the bike with no problem. Worked great.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
nice pics..I have the speedworks one also..I cut off the velcro straps as I just didn't think it was clean enough..and used zipties instead. Works fine..I also put the cables through the front of the speedworks..so it is cleaner. I just like the torhans as it looks a tad more clean and aero..as far as the bosses go, it would be even more clean if I installed similar to what Nick S did from Tririg. As far as the warranty goes...yes it would void the warranty, but I doubt it would lessen the strength of the carbon around it and crack.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The willingness of people to drill holes in their frames is terrifying to me. Yes, it has a very real potential to cause crack growth in the frame. Drilled holes causes stress concentrations. This causes loading that the frame isn't designed for, so it cracks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mpeardon wrote:
nice pics..I have the speedworks one also..I cut off the velcro straps as I just didn't think it was clean enough..and used zipties instead. Works fine..I also put the cables through the front of the speedworks..so it is cleaner. I just like the torhans as it looks a tad more clean and aero..as far as the bosses go, it would be even more clean if I installed similar to what Nick S did from Tririg. As far as the warranty goes...yes it would void the warranty, but I doubt it would lessen the strength of the carbon around it and crack.

I've done the TriRig / Nick Salazar top tube boss thing a number of times, most noteworthy on a few Cervelo P4s, with no issues.

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I love that years color combinations I've been trying to find one of those in a 58 for quite a while
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks. I got that frame (DA1) as a crash replacement for the 2013 DA4 frame I originally owned.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Other than the integrated brake you notice any real differences in the frame or anything else
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
so I guess no one as actually installed a torhans bento onto the DA frame..I was hoping to see some pictures so I can see how clean it is
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not really. The integrated brake is a nice. I think it's suppose to be a bit lighter but I haven't noticed. The clamping system for the seat is slightly easier to use but that isn't a big deal.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not the torhans, but I did have the Bontrager draft box II on my old DA. I dremeled our the end nearest the stem so the di2 wires and brak cable flowed into it. I use industrial strength Velcro on the box and top tube. Stayed on there without issue and could be easily removed to clean. The Bontrager box is the largest hard sided box I could find. I do have a new one for sale if you’re interested. I used it on my felt IA with a 3D printed cover over the storage area.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My da1 is on the way. Looks like it's scheduled for delivery late next week.
Quote Reply