Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Treadmill running with glasses
Quote | Reply
I have issues seeing in the distance and have a small prescription for eye glasses. When I run outside I really do not need them as I am not trying to read anything. But in my pain cave the tv is a good distance away and that makes reading anything and that includes Zwift very difficult. My tv is not a monster but decent sized at 46 inches.

I have run with my glasses and take them on and off to wipe my sweaty head with a towel. What do other eye glass folks do when running on a treadmill?
Quote Reply
Re: Treadmill running with glasses [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Contacts or move the TV closer!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Options are:

Get a bigger TV
Contact lenses
Refractive surgery (i.e. LASIK)
Keep doing what you are doing
Move the treadmill closer
Quote Reply
Re: Treadmill running with glasses [sheene] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Treadmill can't get closer as the wahoo kickr is between treadmill and TV.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in the same situation, I can watch most TV shows without glasses but I prefer to watch sports and it's nice to be able to read the graphics. I have an older pair of glasses that I've since dedicated to my treadmill/trainer sessions; While they don't seem to fog up they do slip down my face. I ended up applying some Sugru to the nose and also the tips behind the ears, just enough to add some grip and that's worked out perfectly.

Sugru is a type of mold-able putty that adheres to pretty much any surface when exposed to oxygen. You can pick it up on Amazon. If you don't have an old pair of glasses, you could pick out a pair for cheap through something like Warby Parker (which most of my frames are).

Hope that helps...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
head band?

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: Treadmill running with glasses [treyedr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
treyedr wrote:

Refractive surgery (i.e. LASIK)

had the procedure last month. one of the best things ive ever had done.

80/20 Endurance Ambassador
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just wear Croakies

If they're good enough for Milo, they're good enough for me

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I always wear a hat when running with glasses. It soaks up the sweat so I don't have to wipe them, and it keeps them tight so they don't bounce up and down.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I wear a run hat (backwards) when I run or do indoor riding to help keep my glasses in place and keep sweat out of my face.

Dimond Bikes Superfan
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am in the same situation as you are Herbert. I just take the glasses off and wipe the sweat away with a towel. I also have a good fan moving air over me to help evaporate the sweat.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
been running with prescription glasses outside and on treadmills for forty-two years now, never noticed a problem as such ;-)
you get used to it..
Quote Reply
Re: Treadmill running with glasses [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Croakies for me too.
Quote Reply
Re: Treadmill running with glasses [driver_ian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a fan too and it is not crazy to run with them nor do they slip, I just don’t want them to be all disgusting. They are cool Smith ones
Quote Reply
Re: Treadmill running with glasses [damon.lebeouf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm running on almost 10 years since my laser eye procedure. Best money I've spent on myself in my entire life. Playing sports after ditching contacts was awesome as well as not having to worry about them when sleeping (I slept in mine but was lucky it didn't have any adverse effects).

Maybe a telescoping TV mount that can allow you to move it closer to you? I have this one on my downstairs TV currently: https://www.amazon.com/...ge?ie=UTF8&psc=1. It can move up to 16" away from the wall straight out.

Otherwise maybe a tablet? I have a tablet mounted directly in front of my bike where it sits on the trainer. A set of cheap bluetooth headphones and I am pedaling away to a show/movie (currently The Grand Tour) while doing my indoor sessions.

Or bigger TV!! 55" 4K TV's are pretty cheap or I hear there is an 88" TV but you might have to mortgage your first born to afford it.
Last edited by: loxx0050: Jan 11, 18 13:59
Quote Reply
Re: Treadmill running with glasses [loxx0050] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't like running in glasses either. I seem to have a harder time breathing through my nose when I wear them. I've just been sucking it up and have been running without glasses and looking at a slightly blurry TV.

I could put on contacts, but then it become a PITA if I'm doing that just for the run.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have fallen in love with the sweatband. It's amazing. I would have thought really old guys like you would know about these things! ;)

I don't care how dorky I look, I'm old enough now that functionality is most important!! These are absolutely necessary for any treadmill or trainer workouts for me.

Cheap too!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Get a cheap pair of $50 prescription glasses that you don’t care about wrecking. That said rinse them off after a run and they’ll last forever.

Herbert wrote:
I have a fan too and it is not crazy to run with them nor do they slip, I just don’t want them to be all disgusting. They are cool Smith ones
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Headband, Croakies and a fan. Keep a couple of headbands within reach so you can change them when they're soaked.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Herbert wrote:
I have issues seeing in the distance and have a small prescription for eye glasses. When I run outside I really do not need them as I am not trying to read anything. But in my pain cave the tv is a good distance away and that makes reading anything and that includes Zwift very difficult. My tv is not a monster but decent sized at 46 inches.

I have run with my glasses and take them on and off to wipe my sweaty head with a towel. What do other eye glass folks do when running on a treadmill?

I take mine off and stick them in the cupholder, and just listen to music or podcasts.

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply