Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prescription Sunglasses? Suggestions please!
Quote | Reply
Hey guys, Looking for suggestions on prescription sunglasses, preferably a wraparound style. Any suggestions on ones that you have came across, please let me know, thanks!

Matt

MRBACCOUNTING.COM - Accounting, Tax and Advisory Services

...former DII XC
Quote Reply
Re: Prescription Sunglasses? Suggestions please! [mbiggin08] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I personally have the Wiley X Brick, but you can find whatever style you want in most brands (such as Oakley, etc.) A place to start is SportRX.com.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've been using Rudy Horus' for at least a decade with good success.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
GlassesUSA.com

I like the Revel 002 (which is often out of stock), but the various Eyres models are pretty good too.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am a fan of Sports Optical in Denver. They can put an Rx lens in just about any frame you want, and also have a selection from major brands (Smith, Oakley, Rudy, etc) if you already have a favorite.

drn92
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am on my second pair of Rx sunglasses. I got both of those from SportRX.com. Super easy to work with, and super quick.
I have oakley halfjackets right now and absolutely love them
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Depending what you need you can get bifocal sunglasses that are still good looking at truck stops. Lower half magnification allows you to read your computer. Much cheaper.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Walmart - I am on my 5th pair. They have a brand called Liberty with a wraparound style called Biker. They have top of the lines lenses from Zeiss and Nikon. Fast service, great warranty, and good price.

Andrew Inkpen
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Rudy glasses are bombproof and they have been doing prescription stuff for longer than most.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oakley. Expensive, but worth it. Great optics, super durable (after 12 years my frames are scratched to hell, but the lenses are perfect). Avoid the "iridium" mirror costings, as they will scratch/flake in a few years of use. I just went with std gray.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I currently have 2 Rx sunglasses for running/riding:

--Oakley Half Jacket frames with third-party transition lenses through my optometrist for night/dusk

--Oakley Jawbreaker frames w/Iridium lenses direct from Oakley (I live near their HQ) for daytime

I really like the Jawbreakers. By far the best Rx sunglasses I have owned in the past 10 years. Good luck!

"Most of my heroes don't appear on no stamps"
Blog = http://extrememomentum.com|Photos = http://wheelgoodphotos.com
Quote Reply