Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Mrs Endless H2O got a?
Quote | Reply
Santa Fe.

2018 Sport Model with pretty much all the bells and whistles. List was around $35, she got it for $28.5.

Dealership was going to give us $1k for our 2005 Grand Caravan with 128k, but we have decided to donate it to a family that belongs to a church that one of my realtor/clients attend. I sold the dealer on that deal, knowing that it would be too much of a pain in the ass for them to wholesale.

If Momma's happy, then we all happy!
Quote Reply
Re: Mrs Endless H2O got a? [EndlessH2O] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
EndlessH2O wrote:
Santa Fe.

2018 Sport Model with pretty much all the bells and whistles. List was around $35, she got it for $28.5.

Dealership was going to give us $1k for our 2005 Grand Caravan with 128k, but we have decided to donate it to a family that belongs to a church that one of my realtor/clients attend. I sold the dealer on that deal, knowing that it would be too much of a pain in the ass for them to wholesale.

$1k? Didn't run?

Re. "if Momma's happy, then we're all happy". So true.

Books @ Amazon
"If only he had used his genius for niceness, instead of Evil." M. Smart
Last edited by: RangerGress: Jan 9, 18 18:38
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My parent's neighbors are pretty well off and can afford whatever car they want. She bought a Sante Fe and really likes it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We're on our second Santa Fe in a row. Wife got in an accident and wrote off the first. For a replacement she wanted the exact same vehicle. Same colour as well.
Quote Reply
Re: Mrs Endless H2O got a? [RangerGress] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RangerGress wrote:
EndlessH2O wrote:
Santa Fe.

$1k? Didn't run?

The van runs. It still has a lot of miles left in it - tires have less than 10k on them, new radiator, new belts, new head gasket seal, new oil pan seal, new cv joints & tie rods. It will need a good cleaning and the head liner needs to be replaced. When I had all these repairs done in August, I had it in the back of my mind that we might be getting a new car soon, and that if I was in the position to donate it rather than use it as a trade, I would donate it. When the dealer originally wanted to give us $500, then they came up to $1k and said they planned to wholesale it, I felt it would still be better to donate it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
EndlessH2O wrote:
[and that if I was in the position to donate it rather than use it as a trade, I would donate it. When the dealer originally wanted to give us $500, then they came up to $1k and said they planned to wholesale it, I felt it would still be better to donate it.

Nice. Very nice.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
EndlessH2O wrote:
$1k? Didn't run?

The van runs. It still has a lot of miles left in it - tires have less than 10k on them, new radiator, new belts, new head gasket seal, new oil pan seal, new cv joints & tie rods. It will need a good cleaning and the head liner needs to be replaced. When I had all these repairs done in August, I had it in the back of my mind that we might be getting a new car soon, and that if I was in the position to donate it rather than use it as a trade, I would donate it. When the dealer originally wanted to give us $500, then they came up to $1k and said they planned to wholesale it, I felt it would still be better to donate it.[/quote]I didn't really understand that a person could get that much car for $1k.

I've bought several not-running old BMWs over the years to dismantle for parts, but I've never bought a car for $1-$2k before.

Barely related.
Mrs RG is determined to get a vehicle that can seat 6 and has 2nd row captain's seats for easy access to the rear seat. We're a family of 5 and we're bringing in an exchange student for next school year. One of the schemes was that that this new vehicle would be handed to #1 son who will be driving shortly. I advocated getting a relatively inexpensive older car in good repair. Mrs RG is adamant that it can't be more than 3yrs old. I'd be fine taking the family on a trip in a 10yr old car as long as I knew it's history and had control of maintenance. So there's $25-$45k between her vision of this and mine. Current leaders are the Buick Envoy/GMC Acadia family or the new Subaru that is coming out.

Books @ Amazon
"If only he had used his genius for niceness, instead of Evil." M. Smart
Quote Reply
Re: Mrs Endless H2O got a? [rick_pcfl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rick_pcfl wrote:
My parent's neighbors are pretty well off and can afford whatever car they want. She bought a Sante Fe and really likes it.

The first new car that I ever purchased was a 2002 Hyundai elantra, which I parted with after 4.5 years to accommodate our growing family. In hindsight, I wish that I had been in a slightly advanced economic position, as I would have surely kept the car had I not needed the trade in value.

The ONLY issue that I had in 4.5 years was a software glitch that altered the transmission timing; a ten minute fix. It wasn't a loaded car - by any means - but it was sharp looking (for $12k), ran like a champ, and drove like a car three times its price tag. I'm sure that I've romanticized the situation, but three upgrades later I still long for that hassle-free experience.

"The right to party is a battle we have fought, but we'll surrender and go Amish... NOT!" -Wayne Campbell
Quote Reply