Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [drsteve] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
drsteve wrote:
I also ride a 2016 TM01. It actually came with 25c Vittoria Corsa tires on a 17mm internal width rim (25mm external width). I've also run 25mm Veloflex tubulars on the back with plenty of clearance.

25mm is not a problem on the TM01.

Good to know, thank you!

-------------------------------------------------------------
Tough Times Don't Last, Tough People Do.
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [TriSpencer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
depends on rim/tire combo... (2015 TM01)

enve 4.5 running 25c GP4000 SII was a no go on the front only. (too tall)
Enve 4.5 with turbo cotton 24c was fine.
Zipp 808 CorsaSpeed g+ 23c is fine
Last edited by: spntrxi: Aug 21, 17 19:39
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [spntrxi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
spntrxi wrote:
depends on rim/tire combo... (2015 TM01) .

Agreed; 2014 TM01 with 25mm Hed 60/90/Disc
- 24mm Specialized Turbo fits
- 25mm Vittoria does not
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [twain] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For those with the 2017/2018 TM01/TM02 and riding with Di2, can I check how is the battery installed?

I'm thinking of getting the bike, but am not sure how the battery will be installed? From the website, it only states "installed with properly sized foam".
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [walfisch] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hello guys,

Do you know where I could order this spare part? If this could be considered a spare part LOL, lost it during a training session :(

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by: lcparlatto: Aug 24, 17 5:07
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [lcparlatto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Evans cycles in the UK. Speak to their special order team and they seem to be able to supply most spares within 10-14 days. I've have lots of rubber plugs, fork buffers and the like off them in the past.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Does the rear storage box on the 2017 models offer an aero benefit that exceeds the weight of the box?
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [oldhand] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Perfect!
Thank you so much for the fast reply, will do that right away!
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [fabricatedyou] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bike shop finally finished this build. TM02. SRAM Red FD/RD, Crank (165), Quarq PM, Q-rings (50T), 3T Revo aerobars w/Zipp ski bend extentions, TriRig Omega X front brake, Adamo PS1.1.

No, my saddle is not too high and the downtube cage is for training only.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
To answer your question walfisch, the Di2 battery location is precut/predrilled into some black polystyrene at the bottom of the rear seatpost mount hole. It fits the BT-DN110 perfectly. I used a 550mm wire to Junction B routing under the bottom bracket spindle sleeve and it's long enough to be able to pull it out and have it clear the seatpost hole for servicing. One note, it's hard to get out without some pliers shaped to get a secure hold.

For context and/or to anticipate any other Di2 questions, I just purchased a clearance 2017 TM02 3 which I stripped bare and transferred Di2 from my road bike with clip-ons.

Here is the breakdown of the Di2 components with their weights from a calibrated lab balance:
Shimano Dura-Ace ST-R9160 Dual Control Di2 TT Levers 127.7g
Shimano Dura-Ace SW-R9160 Bar-End Di2 TT Shifters 36.8g
Shimano SM-EW90-B Di2 Junction A 14.6g
Shimano SM-JC41 Di2 Internal Junction B 4.1g
Shimano EW-WU111 Di2 D-Fly Wireless Unit 3.0g
Shimano EW-SD50 Di2 400mm E-Tube Left TT Brake Wire 4.6g
Shimano EW-SD50 Di2 400mm E-Tube Right TT Brake Wire 4.6g
Shimano EW-SD50 Di2 600mm E-Tube Left TT Shifter Wire 5.9g
Shimano EW-SD50 Di2 600mm E-Tube Right TT Shifter Wire 5.9g
Shimano EW-SD50 Di2 600mm E-Tube Down Tube Wire 6.6g
Shimano EW-SD50 Di2 550mm E-Tube Battery Wire 6.0g
Shimano EW-SD50 Di2 350mm E-Tube Front Derailleur Wire 3.7g
Shimano EW-SD50 Di2 600mm E-Tube Rear Derailleur Wire 6.6g
Shimano EW-SD50 Di2 300mm E-Tube D-Fly Wire 3.2g
Shimano BT-DN110 Di2 Internal Battery 51.4g
Shimano EW-SD50I Di2 E-Tube Wire Holders (x4) 1.1g
Shimano SM-GM01 Di2 Wire Grommets (x2) 0.5g

Have fun!
Last edited by: transistor: Aug 28, 17 15:12
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [transistor] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hi transistor, thanks for the reply

actually managed to get my frame and did measurements, and then ordered the cables...am now waiting for an appointment with my bike builder to set it all assembled up!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi TimeMachine owners.

I'm about to buy the TimeMachine TM01 2018 THREE but not sure which size to go for. I'm 6'2 and 77kg (tall and slim). I typically ride a 57" road frame (TMR02 2016 actually). I guess I'm either a M-L or a L, but don't know which. The geometry is available here: https://www.bmc-switzerland.com/...imemachine-01-three/ (scroll down and select geometry).

Any ideas? Or anyone with a similar size to me with any experience?

Thanks,
Adam
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [adamwaite] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am interested in the same bike but can't find squat on how it tests in the tunnel. I have the old TM01 and BMC will only say the new version tests faster. I'm also looking at the Quintana Roo PR 6. I am getting a new fit tomorrow on a Guru machine to see which geometry works better for me.
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [adamwaite] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would recommend Large, M-L might be small in the reach, that being said, the TM01 has a strange fitting system, but they have an online excel file explaining the differences in all sizes and the range of pad/reach of every possible configuration of the bike.

If you know ur Stack and reach just check their sizing excel file(i couldn't find it on the website anymore, but your retailer should have it),
It helped me a lot with figuring out the correct size when ordering mine.

I am 183cm 75Kg and normally ride 56,54 based on the frame ... M-L was good for me.
Note that you will get the V-cockpit stock on the bike which means that you can't change stack without changing the reach; lowering the pads will significantly reduce the reach of the bike, there is no way around this.
Also note that the reach numbers on the website/sheet will be based on the BB, which doesn't take in account the forward seat-post position for triathletes.

Overall, i don't think you can judge your fit based on another bike fit, TM01s are quite different in size cuz of the V system + dual seat post positions, you will have to look at their sizing sheet and do some testing with a bike fitter on sample pad/reach numbers (from the sheet) before ordering a size.

Hope this helps.
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [Zakalunce] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any idea where you can get that sizing sheet? My LBS who is a BMC dealer says he has no idea what that is..
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [onceatriathlet3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think you are going to ask them for it. Like open a ticket on the BMC website. I think they removed it and only supply the sheet when you ask for it.
They are pretty responsive on their website.
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [mjp202] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does your rear brake have the quick pad technology as the TM01 does?
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [HuffNPuff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Has anyone here put SRAM eTap on the old model TM01? If so, could you post a picture of where you put the blip box. I would like to see how clean the setup looks. Thanks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
HuffNPuff wrote:
Has anyone here put SRAM eTap on the old model TM01? If so, could you post a picture of where you put the blip box. I would like to see how clean the setup looks. Thanks.

I'm considering it... likely I will stick it in between the aero bars attached to a universal garmin type mount. The garmin is already there but more towards the front where I can see it.. so likely the blip box can go behind it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've given up on the idea of a new BMC because they won't give you the build option of the flat cockpit without paying for the V cockpit first. So I'm thinking of a complete upgrade of my old TM01 instead but don't know where the blip box would go. I use a BTA bottle mount on my aerobars and there would be any room for it right underneath. I put my Garmin on a homemade pipe at the end of aerobars. So that doesn't leave any place without some kind of wire mess if you use all four blips.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What’s retail of the flat cockpit? I’m on the fence about the 2016 or going newer, but I need the flat.
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [mike s] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think it's $650. And then you are stuck with a worthless "V" cockpit. You only get an either/or option when you buy the frameset and that is priced ridiculously high. It has pissed me off enough to ditch the idea of a new BMC.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
HuffNPuff wrote:
I think it's $650. And then you are stuck with a worthless "V" cockpit. You only get an either/or option when you buy the frameset and that is priced ridiculously high. It has pissed me off enough to ditch the idea of a new BMC.

that's what is pretty much keeping me away as well... I want the flat as well
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I run eTap on a older (2012) TM01. The blip-box mounted on the cover at the base of the stem positioned "backwards" with the wires pointing forward to the various blips. I didn't specifically ask for this but my LBS did a great job of making it quite clean IMO. I have a TriSport ZippVuka or whatever it's called, BTA mount for my bottle and Garmin and it is rock solid and works like a charm. I've loved eTap in this config on this bike and would highly recommend it, at least based on my experience.

Did Aero testing with it in place as well and the whole thing tested quite clean.

I'll try to get a picture up shortly.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was hoping when I crashed my 2016 they’d give me a ‘17 or ‘18 under the crash replacement program, but just my luck..a 2016 is sitting in my house.
Quote Reply

Prev Next