Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: New to rollers [lacticturkey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yea, he has ok skills but I want to see him on his Duc do that. I have had rollers for 50 some years and ride them off and on. I really like to use them as warm ups for TT, track and cx races. Like Ironclm says fixed is the way to go on rollers. Ez to ride and sweat doesn't get in all the moving parts and rot the bike. I have seen steel and alum bikes just rot from trainer / roller riding. The track bike is easy to clean. I just spin em on the rollers and do some high cadence work to simulate being at high speed in a too low gear on the track. They are boring as hell but no better or worse than the trainer.
Quote Reply
Re: New to rollers [Howdy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
4) Watch a movie? Yep, for long, steady-state rides. Though I tend to watch a Netflix series for rides over 2 hours. My downfall (literally) can be the car chase scenes. I find myself leaning and turning. Not good when your road is just 18" wide.

I’ll never try to watch “The French Connection” on rollers again.
Quote Reply
Re: New to rollers [spasmus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the responses.

I'm riding with the clip ins now and doing well.
Moved it to the official training cave and have it near a wall.
Movies great to watch, sports not so much.

I'm getting shocked quite a bit. Some interesting discussions on the internet about the cause of the static electricity. Found one discussion that thought latex tubes were causing the static build up. I will change my tire before my next ride.
Quote Reply

Prev Next