Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Jnags7] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IIRC the mk1 was the same with and without the box. The current one is slightly better with the draft box and little bit more than that for the fin. Not earth shattering reductions in drag but worth it if the rules you ride under allow it.

As above, hunt out the white paper for the details.

Developing aero, fit and other fun stuff at Red is Faster
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [SkippyKitten] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
this looks like it - http://online.fliphtml5.com/xelj/izjq/#p=26

page 26/27 for the draft box
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That’s the one thanks. That and the Madone one are good read. While we’re on aero stuff, Flo’s blog is tip top too. http://flocycling.blogspot.co.uk/...h/label/Aerodynamics

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jnags7 wrote:
Not to Chris specifically.

Tried searching but didn't get anything - is there any aero data with the speed box? Better with or without? The setup I've got lends itself to not needing it for flat storage- but would keep if aero benefit. I'm guessing not as it is kinda large and wider than the seat tube.

Anyone know or can direct me where this info is posted?
Thanks!

I did not check out the document that was linked to, but my understanding is that it is better with the "draft box", and that with the speedbox on the top tube it is pretty much the same or better.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [tyme] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tyme wrote:
I know this thread has been mostly questions, but figured I would share a pic of my bike, now that I have a decent one. Still the middle color does not photograph well, it is actually the Radioactive Pink, but never looks it in photos.

What is that cycling computer mount? I've been looking for one I could use with torpedo.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Bumbabambuee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bumbabambuee wrote:
tyme wrote:
I know this thread has been mostly questions, but figured I would share a pic of my bike, now that I have a decent one. Still the middle color does not photograph well, it is actually the Radioactive Pink, but never looks it in photos.

What is that cycling computer mount? I've been looking for one I could use with torpedo.

It came with my XLabs kit. I believe it is the one below.
https://xlab-usa.com/...-computer-mount.html

They also have the 2 below.
https://xlab-usa.com/space-saver.html (Looks like it replaces the standard straw retention device on top of the bottle)
https://xlab-usa.com/...-computer-mount.html (If you have the Versa mount I believe this is the one made for use with it)
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [tyme] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does anyone know if it is safe to move the SC elbow pads in so far that there is only one screw holding them down? Any other solutions for getting elbows all the way in?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [lanierb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Use different pads... Zipp Vuka work fine and tririg ergo as well. I had both, I just installed the tririg ones and they are super nice. I have them close enough to fit a bottle cage in between and I could use three bolts if needed. The bottom of the pads is pretty flat and the tririg pads have a ton of holes to choose from.
I would not ride with only one bolt in there
Last edited by: sp1ke: Dec 16, 17 8:05
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [sp1ke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sp1ke wrote:
Use different pads... Zipp Vuka work fine and tririg ergo as well. I had both, I just installed the tririg ones and they are super nice. I have them close enough to fit a bottle cage in between and I could use three bolts if needed. The bottom of the pads is pretty flat and the tririg pads have a ton of holes to choose from.
Do you think it's possible to get the tririg ones so they touch in the middle? That's basically what I'm aiming for.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think you can get them pretty close. Take a look:

lanierb wrote:
sp1ke wrote:

Do you think it's possible to get the tririg ones so they touch in the middle? That's basically what I'm aiming for.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [AKCrafty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Those would definitely solve my problem. I really like the mono as you can get rid of that stupid bar that the pads sit on. It's a bit pricey though.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [sp1ke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I drilled and tapped the pieces that the arm pad holders attach to, so I can run them touching each other. Also cut off the excess aluminum, looks much cleaner and probably saved me .01 watts :D
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [ridenfish39] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does anyone know how to have the front brake in line with the covering? My brakes work fine for when it comes to stopping my bike but it just sticking out a tad bit.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [higuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is it a second gen? It could be that the stem isn’t assembled onto the fork correctly. Check for a gap where the stem meets the fork - this pushes the cover out of place. It’s easily done, but not always easy to resolve.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah its second gen. I'll give that a check thanks.

Edit: just checked. Stem integrates into the fork fine. Its just the very top most part of the black front brakes are sticking out by around 1-2 mm. Doesn't sit flush with the aero cover.
Last edited by: higuy: Dec 19, 17 0:07
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In that case, take a photo side on, please.

The alignment problem is evident if you can see a gap at the rear of that interface. It looks ok at the leading edge, but the stem ends up tilting down.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
https://imgur.com/a/QJkRl
this is front and side.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Doh! I see what the problem is. You’ve got the front brake cable too short. You need to slacken it off so that the wedge isn’t pushing the arms out. Then use the pad adjusters (small hex screws on each side) to bring the pads back in to the right position.

If the wedge isn’t the problem, I’d need to see it with the cover off.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I slackened the front brake cable all the way but they still protrude a slight bit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is what it looks like with the wedge off. Seems like the cable is too short? Is there anyway I could fix that right now or should I just take it to the bike store?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I apologise, I may be being a bit thick today - cold coming on. I’ll go and have a look at my gen 1 (same brake and cover, different wedge) in a bit. They should align with the cover when the rollers are on the ‘home’ position on the wedge. Did you release the brake cable to do this or do you have adgusters on the levers?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a barrel adjuster on my Bontrager XXX Aero levers which I used to loosen the front brake cable as much as possible.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sounds like there isn’t enough slack in the cable then. Is there any slack at the lever when wound fully in? Quick check for it would be to just squeeze the lever and if the pads move, it’s too tight. You’ll need to get the brake cover off and slacken the cable bolt an release just a few mm so the wedge is in its ‘home’ position. If you wind the adjust fully in before you do this you can make sure the slack is taken-up when everything is back together.

Quote Reply

Prev Next