Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

infinite users?
Quote | Reply
Do you still use gels?

gonna give it a shot this year with the sale and would love to be liquid only on the bike. Have my custom mix set to 70g carbs and 300 calories

im 190lbs for what its worth

Yellowfin Endurance Coaching and Bike Fits
USAT Level 1, USAC Level 3
Quote Reply
Re: infinite users? [surfNJmatt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I tried it but I cannot drink that much on the bike. My drink had about 200-220 calories per bottle.

I do like Infinit though, for some reason it makes my stomach feel good after a rough swim that I may have swallowed air and water. Because of that I can take in nutrition as planned.

I do better with it than any other drink I've tried.

Definitely give it a try, it works for a lot of people.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Only on the run. Infinit Custom Blend on the bike. Supplemented by Salt Tab caps on real hot days.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
surfNJmatt wrote:
Do you still use gels?

gonna give it a shot this year with the sale and would love to be liquid only on the bike. Have my custom mix set to 70g carbs and 300 calories

im 190lbs for what its worth
I have used Infinit for several years and never used gels. Infinit has always worked great though their customer service was sub par the last few orders; I think last time I ordered something I received an email with a tracking number within one or two days though the number did not work; then probably 2 weeks later I got an email my order was being processed and would ship soon. Meantime of course I had run out, and was forced to try something different and ended up ordering (and really liking) First Endurance instead. In fact I seem to like and perform better with First Endurance.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am just getting into the longer stuff, but did use gels or shot blocks here in there in training or before shorter races. For my 70.3 and training I went liquid though. Tried Hammer Pertpetuem first since my LBS had it. It was okay. Never made me feel bad enough to be an issue, but one or two 3+ hour sessions had me a little queasy. Switched to Infinit Go Far. Never had a single issue. Only problem is that I mix ~900 calorie bottle and I didn't reduce the flavor (grape), so it was pretty strong tasting. But to be honest, it wasn't all that bad. I reduced it on this last order, but if that wasn't an option, I would still order. Just need some water shortly after and I'm good to go. This got me through the bike and I eat what I can tolerate at aid stations on the run.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’ve used it for almost a year with good results. One IM and one half... plus plenty of training. I find it’s very easy to use and I digest it well. I can still tolerate some real food (pack of crackers, cliff bar etc) while taking in around 280 cal hr on the bike. It’s got some protein in to help with hunger, but I still like to have a small bit of real food to help keep my stomach happy. IM bike leg I carry 3 bottles and grab 3 new ones at special needs (freeze them). Then grab additional water as needed off course. Keeps the plan simple and forces you to get your fluid down with the nutrients.

On the run I make into a gel and carry gel flask with 3-4 servings. Easy to carry and just take water at every aid station with a pinch of gel. I’ve just recently changed my run mix by dropping the flavor way down, and also sliding the carb setting to the left (more simple carbs lest malto)
Hope that makes even more palatable...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Used it for several years. Became too expensive and had a bad (funky stomach) batch here and there over the years. Switched to this Tailwind this past year.
Quote Reply
Re: infinite users? [Jonathan22] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you guys add the protein to your bike blends?

I ordered my first Infinit custom blend when they had their sale a couple of months ago. I'm lactose intolerant, but per their suggestion that I may be able to tolerate the why isolate protein they add to their mix, I ordered it. I tried it last Saturday and it def didn't work well for me. Bloating, gassy, and it triggered by ISB for a couple of days.

As per their return policy, I can tweak the formula once, so I'm thinking of getting the same mix without the protein, or adding the vegan protein the offer. But I'm wondering what other people add to their mix, especially those with weak stomachs or lactose intolerant.
Quote Reply
Re: infinite users? [TulkasTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I never get protein in my Infinit mixes
Quote Reply
Re: infinite users? [TulkasTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Never added protein. At first I had issues until I figured out that their amino acid mix was also an issue. So when I was ordering it was just flavor, carbs and sodium.

Now I use tailwind (2 scoops) plus a scoop of carbo pro. 300 cals/600 mg sodium.
Quote Reply
Re: infinite users? [Jonathan22] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jonathan22 wrote:
Never added protein. At first I had issues until I figured out that their amino acid mix was also an issue. So when I was ordering it was just flavor, carbs and sodium.

Now I use tailwind (2 scoops) plus a scoop of carbo pro. 300 cals/600 mg sodium.

Thanks. Gonna ask them to take out all the protein.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use Infinit Go Far on the bike and Napalm or Tripwire (instead of gels) on the run. Works for me in all distances up to IM.

Mark Pomery
Certified Triathlon Coach (Triathlon Australia)
http://www.swimcyclerunonline.com
Quote Reply
Re: infinite users? [markpomery] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I use Infinit for just about everything (Pre, During and Recovery), I however also race for their performance team. I use a flask and make a thick concentrate for the run (Go-Far base and tweaked for run) and use on course water (its basically like a gel) - the bike, you need to get it tweaked just right and they have a great group of tech's/reps that can help you get dialed in. I use a go far base for this also and also make concentrated bottles for long races and once again just use on course water.

The Mud is probably one of my favorite items from them - the taste to me is great and is awesome as pre-workout/pre-race or a low calorie recovery.

I would take the Protein out of it, that could be your potential cause of issues.
Last edited by: teddygram: Feb 1, 18 19:01
Quote Reply