Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Pain Cave Help - Need A Wall Mountable Fan
Quote | Reply
I posted in the show me your pain cave thread but didn't get any help, hoping posting a separate has better results. I have a treadmill and trainer side by side and am looking for a fan I can mount on the wall behind me (ideally that oscillates). Up to this point, I used a box fan on top of a box but with a curious toddler now roaming my house, this is not an ideal setup.

Anybody have any suggestions?
Quote Reply
Re: Pain Cave Help - Need A Wall Mountable Fan [biglazybum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you have a budget in mind? How about acceptable noise level?

My YouTubes

Quote Reply
Re: Pain Cave Help - Need A Wall Mountable Fan [LAI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LAI wrote:
Do you have a budget in mind? How about acceptable noise level?

$100 or less? I guess I could go higher than that if absolutely necessary. I'm not too picky about noise. I have a sound bar hooked into my TV in that room.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
biglazybum wrote:
I posted in the show me your pain cave thread but didn't get any help, hoping posting a separate has better results. I have a treadmill and trainer side by side and am looking for a fan I can mount on the wall behind me (ideally that oscillates). Up to this point, I used a box fan on top of a box but with a curious toddler now roaming my house, this is not an ideal setup.

Anybody have any suggestions?

I have been using a couple 20" Lasko fans with remotes for some time with good luck. Here was the first I saw. There's several Lasko variations of the same thing. They aren't quiet, but not many things moving air are. It certainly doesn't oscillate, but you could buy a 2nd mount for just a couple bucks, so you could have a mount behind the bike and treadmill. It sits great on the floor too.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What I run will get you closest to your budget, but you will be cranking your sound bar: http://www.globalindustrial.com/...n-30-diameter-1-2-hp

I have been contemplating replacing it with this: https://www.bigassfans.com/...?cmp=aireye-prod-bld

The Global Industrial really gets the job done even for VO2 intervals (not sure about running cause that's just crazy talk), but as I alluded to it is really noisy even on it's lowest setting. I am thinking about the BigAssFan for down the line since it is quieter and has infinite variable adjustment up to high. In the winter, in my garage, even low (7300cfm) can make it uncomfortably cold. I'm not running the oscillation feature and have it mounted up and out of the way currently instead of head on as I have in the past. I have installed photos if you want to get idea of what this thing looks like mounted on a wall. Also, it's kind of heavy, which means stud mounting is a must.

My YouTubes

Last edited by: LAI: Dec 7, 17 12:33
Quote Reply
Re: Pain Cave Help - Need A Wall Mountable Fan [dangle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dangle wrote:
They aren't quiet, but not many things moving air are.

That's really not accurate. There are lots of fans that are relatively quiet. They range in price of course, but LASKO has a budget friendly blower that wouldn't bother anyone even when set on high: https://www.samsclub.com/...ip?searchTerm=427219

It's really all about how the fan is designed not how much air it moves. I have a 48" fan at my shop that moves over 20K CFM and you can stand right next to it and carry on a normal conversation with someone.

My YouTubes

Last edited by: LAI: Dec 7, 17 12:39
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Have you checked Grainger:

https://www.grainger.com/

Once, I was fast. But I got over it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Air king wall fan. 18” or 20”. Love them
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks, this seems like a reasonable option. I'll check it out!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Let me know if you go that route. I'm not using one of my wall mounts and you could have it.
Quote Reply
Re: Pain Cave Help - Need A Wall Mountable Fan [LAI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
These are awesome! Now I see why you guys asked me for a budget. I don't think I can spend more on a fan than I did on my treadmill, lol.

I will bookmark these for when I hit the lottery!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks, I appreciate it!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Why not just mount a shelf on the wall and put any fan on it? $20-30 fix.
Quote Reply