Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Guppy Challenge 2017
Quote | Reply
Did I miss the thread? Who else is signed up?

Hoping the Strava syncing Slowman mentioned in the 100/100 thread is going to make logging things easier!
Quote Reply
Re: Guppy Challenge 2017 [Scheherazade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bump, I'm a fan of faster tri swimmers :-)

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in for the first time.

ps. How about setting special group for this challenge on strava? It is easier to share photos there.
Quote Reply
Re: Guppy Challenge 2017 [prinx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't know how to do it but go ahead and post a link to any group you create!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Scheherazade wrote:
Did I miss the thread? Who else is signed up?

Hoping the Strava syncing Slowman mentioned in the 100/100 thread is going to make logging things easier!

Been looking for it for the last few weeks, and then I just saw it today on the Swim page. Starts December 11th. I just did my first swim in 14 months. I also confirmed with the pool manager that we are allowed to video as long as I'm the only one in the frame. Never seen my stroke and I'm terrified to share it here.
Quote Reply
Re: Guppy Challenge 2017 [mpderksen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I last swam on July 9, 2016; it's really going to be sink or swim for me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Scheherazade wrote:
I last swam on July 9, 2016; it's really going to be sink or swim for me.
For me it was the Catfish OW event in Berkeley Ca last August. 2.4 miles, and nothing since. Just did a mile for lunch and took 30:34. I like low baselines so I have more room to improve! :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Enrolled in the challenge. Knowing me, I'll last 3 swims and get bored. I'm hoping that this year I actually stick with it and get over my disdain for the boring black line.

Hillary Trout
San Luis Obispo, CA

Your trip is short. Make the most of it.
https://www.slogoing.net/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Help! I
In Reply To:
can’t figure out how to sign up. I don’t see anything that says “sign up”
Quote Reply
Re: Guppy Challenge 2017 [Rnrave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rnrave wrote:
Help! I
In Reply To:

Blue navbar above, says Training, under there you’ll see training log. Go there. Click Challenges.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Guppy Challenge 2017 [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Never knew this part of the site even existed, this is good stuff.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
Rnrave wrote:
Help! I
In Reply To:

Blue navbar above, says Training, under there you’ll see training log. Go there. Click Challenges.

3 days out, 118 peeps signed up! When can we expect the first .PDF, Dan? I'm really excited about it this year. Also, I've never been clear about how the rankings work. In the past, it seems like it goes by # of workouts, and then sorted by the most yards. So a few weeks in, if I have 6 swims, but only 12K yds, and someone has 5 swims, but 20K, I'm still ahead of them? I'm technically using this to encourage my own consistency, but a little rivalry adds some spice.
Michael
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do we still need to manually enter the workouts or with the new log is there integration from Garmin Connect etc? Sorry if this had already been covered somewhere.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
First swim since... um... August? is in the books! This challenge even got me to finally get up and go to the pool in the morning before work. All of the pools in my area are outdoor, so the struggle was entirely mental. (It's cold in the morning and my bed is sooooo warm... ) But it was really glorious swimming as the sun was coming up. I'm super slow and out of shape, but I'm excited to get started.

------------------------------------------------------------
The beatings will continue until morale improves
Quote Reply
Re: Guppy Challenge 2017 [LSchmitt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LSchmitt wrote:
Do we still need to manually enter the workouts or with the new log is there integration from Garmin Connect etc? Sorry if this had already been covered somewhere.

Integrated with Strava, so you need to do Garmin->Strava->ST. Still way better than manual.

Of course, guppy workout 1 was the first time I can remember where my Garmin 735 acted up and didn't track properly (wouldn't switch to intervals back after drill mode).
Quote Reply
Re: Guppy Challenge 2017 [mdraegerpnw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well done on getting out there.

My first swim in 522 days happened this morning. Managed 900m. Boy was it humbling. My brain remembers everything I'm supposed to do but my body is rather uncooperative.

At least things can only get better!
Quote Reply