Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Fabric saddles
Quote | Reply
Any feedback on Fabric saddles? Get great reviews (even weeding out the more seemingly bought reviews) and are not really expensive.
Quote Reply
Re: Fabric saddles [lightning33] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I purchased a Line model for my road bike about 1 year ago and I don't have any bad comments on it. I tested other brands (San Marco, Fizik, Specialized, Prologo) but this is the one I was comfortable on. On my TT bike, I have an ISM, but I would try the Fabric TT one if I had to change.

But, saddle preferences are really personal...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have one and really like it... wasn't super expensive, is comfortable. Checks all the boxes for comfort and has the hook on the nose for bike racks plus the integrated bottle cage holder on the rear.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A couple of years ago, I bought one of the cheaper Fabric tri saddles just out of curiosity. I've used Adamo and Fizik Tritone for years. Well, immediately I liked that cheap Fabric saddle. It's a bit narrower so seemed to fit me better (I'm 5'5 128 lbs). I've now done 3 Ironman's with that saddle which also had a bottle mount on the back so I didn't even have to buy a much more expensive mount.

I liked it so much, I bought one for my aero road bike. That's quite unusual because most tri saddles don't lend itself well for the upright bike position, but this Fabic works pretty well especially when I'm down in the drops pushing the pace so my position is similar to when I'm on the aero bars of my tri bike.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i have the flattest one with carbon rails on my road bike. i would replace it with another of the same if anything happened to it. it has also lasted really well and looks like new after about 8K miles. Saddles are strange things though and one persons comfort isn't a good predictor of how others would do. that's why there's the saddle swap thread.
Quote Reply
Re: Fabric saddles [rich_m] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am looking at one for my road bike, but can’t find a local place to test. 8 may just bite 5he bullet. I currently have a Cobb VFlow Plus, so was thinking of a Line.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have the Fabric TT. Only done a few shorter TTs on it so far but it's far better than the ISM attack that I had and was stolen. Price is far better as well.
Last edited by: carlosflanders: Dec 5, 17 17:25
Quote Reply
Re: Fabric saddles [carlosflanders] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I tried their saddles but still found it uncomfortable. I found myself to be a big fan of the Specialized Power saddles which is practically on the other side of the spectrum as far as saddles go.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here you'll find the same question/thread: http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...ic%20saddle#p6080587

I quote myself:

Quote:
Yes, been using this sadle for the last 18 months (after having tried an ISM Adamo, which I didn't like).

The Fabric for me is perfect. I used it in all my races, from 1/4 till 140.6. I really like that is more narrow at the point than some other Tri-sadles (no rubbing/chafing). Of course, after 180km I start to feel my butt, but I guess I can't really blame the sadle :) It however does not have the most padding at the pointy end (which does on the other hand helps with the not rubbing/chafing I guess). Next to the comfort, the price is a big benefit :)

The Tri-hook to hang the bike in T1 --> depends on the racks being used. Sometimes it fits, sometimes it doesnt (if diameter of rack is too large).

The option to mount a bottle-cage is great. I use 1 bottle-cage for 1/4 (it holds my spares) and 2 bottle-case (with adapter) for longer races (1 bottle with spares and 1 bottle with liquid).

Don't think any sadle can beat the Fabric on price/quality. Just try to see if it fits you :)
Quote Reply
Re: Fabric saddles [Cnasta] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I DID use the search function prior to posting, but nothing came up when I searched for “fabric” regarding saddles (only wetsuits). I did try.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
lightning33 wrote:
I DID use the search function prior to posting, but nothing came up when I searched for “fabric” regarding saddles (only wetsuits). I did try.

I recon Fabric is quite commonly used. I had to try hard as well, but I know there was a thread about it. "Fabric saddles" did the trick :) Allready bought one?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cnasta wrote:
after 180km I start to feel my butt

What ever gets you through an Ironman.

29 years and counting
Quote Reply
Re: Fabric saddles [carlosflanders] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
carlosflanders wrote:
I have the Fabric TT. Only done a few shorter TTs on it so far but it's far better than the ISM attack that I had and was stolen. Price is far better as well.
As a cheapskate and having an ISM Attack that occasionally chafes me, I looked at the Fabric Tri. But my turn off was its short rails. Not gonna work well on my converted road bike. Used a cable tie on the ISM prongs instead...
Quote Reply
Re: Fabric saddles [karlw2000] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For those of you using the Fabric Tri, what have you found to work in regards to tilt? I recently picked one up because my ISM PR 1.0 was irritating my hip abductor and am pretty impressed so far.
Quote Reply
Re: Fabric saddles [JDinMA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've been an ISM Road rider for the better part of a decade, but my wife is just getting into the sport and can't find a comfortable saddle to save her life. I've got a spare ISM Attack that I want to try for her, but you're saying the Fabric Tri has worked out well for you? It's cheap enough, I might grab one for a demo.

Any women using the Fabric Tri have thoughts?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cnasta wrote:
lightning33 wrote:

I recon Fabric is quite commonly used. I had to try hard as well, but I know there was a thread about it. "Fabric saddles" did the trick :) Allready bought one?

Not yet. Trying some different width options yet with my fitter. Was on a Cobb Vflow Plus, which I think is around 128. Apparently my sit bones measure at 133; how I used the Cobb for so long baffled my fitter. Currently trying a 155.
Quote Reply