Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 2017/18 100/100 Run Challenge Airing of the Grievances Thread [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A first World Slowtwitcher's Airing of Grievances:
-I have to run 100 days straight...FML
-Guppy Challenge at the same time, how can i train in more than one sport at a time...Where's my Netflix and chill time
-Strava won't link with Slowtwitch...WTF
-I have to open a website to log my run...JFC is this 1995
-Can I take the sabbath off by banking more on Friday? No...Oy Vey
-Wait can't I count my rest interval if the treadmill is moving and I'm not...How can I Instagram?
-I could win free stuff...meh
Quote Reply
Re: 2017/18 100/100 Run Challenge Airing of the Grievances Thread [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My main grievance is that I will be doing a weekend of racing the weekend before this starts.
I want two days of credit!

I won't get anywhere near 100 - honestly 30 would be pretty good for me. Last year I only got to about 20.
Quote Reply
Re: 2017/18 100/100 Run Challenge Airing of the Grievances Thread [Vermej1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Vermej1 wrote:
A first World Slowtwitcher's Airing of Grievances:
-I have to run 100 days straight...FML
-Guppy Challenge at the same time, how can i train in more than one sport at a time...Where's my Netflix and chill time
-Strava won't link with Slowtwitch...WTF
-I have to open a website to log my run...JFC is this 1995
-Can I take the sabbath off by banking more on Friday? No...Oy Vey
-Wait can't I count my rest interval if the treadmill is moving and I'm not...How can I Instagram?
-I could win free stuff...meh

Slowman, I vote this as a thread winner and worth of a prize just for all star grievance airing!!!

Dev
Quote Reply
Re: 2017/18 100/100 Run Challenge Airing of the Grievances Thread [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dev,

1st - honored to receive a recognition from a slowtwitch legend

2nd - now I HAVE to sign up for this crazy shenanigan...fml for real
Quote Reply
Re: 2017/18 100/100 Run Challenge Airing of the Grievances Thread [Vermej1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Vermej1 wrote:
Dev,

1st - honored to receive a recognition from a slowtwitch legend

2nd - now I HAVE to sign up for this crazy shenanigan...fml for real

LOL, I thought you were going to complain that your most awesome pat on the back had not arrived by FEDEX yet....

So my complaint is that FEDEX pickup guy did not come...so no prizes yet. All those high price subscriptions we pay to Slowman can hopefully cover some high price gifts during the challenge. My subscription fees keep going up 20% on my zero dollar base every year for the last 14 years and it is really getting out of hand at this point. If the zero dollar prizes are not good, I might need to ask for a massive rebate on my zero dollar ST subscription (this entire place is starting to feel like a show about nothing)....well the Festivus pole is over there -------------->

Keep airing the grievances....only 15 days left before the real running. I hear that Rob Gray who won Ultraman hawaii with a 10 min walk 1 min run strategy is complaining that this challenge won't give him credit for a 6:59 RUN and rather we would only give him credit for 6:18 run and a 41 minute walk gets deducted and since none of his walks were 30 min long separating his runs, he only gets credit for one really lame long 6:18 run and we deducted both the 41 minutes of walking and associated distance from him. Tough rules around this place!
Quote Reply
Re: 2017/18 100/100 Run Challenge Airing of the Grievances Thread [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So how does one enroll? Pressing 'enroll' doesn't seem to do anything for me...
Quote Reply
Re: 2017/18 100/100 Run Challenge Airing of the Grievances Thread [TriStart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Don't worry about enrolling until Dec 14th. I'll check in with slowboss and slowstarr or slowericthebiking to find out what is going on.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowtwitch intern webmaster at it again:

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Vermej1 wrote:
Slowtwitch intern webmaster at it again:

Well that can't be any of us slowtwitch guys. You can tell because "c-a-t" is spelled correctly.

Clicking "enroll" should work for everybody. Strava integration is proceeding apace. By Monday we ought to be able to see the full list of participants BEFORE the challenge period begins.

Some of the rest of the grievances seem totally valid, though. :^)

-SlowEricTheBiking
Quote Reply
Re: 2017/18 100/100 Run Challenge Airing of the Grievances Thread [Vincible] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Vincible wrote:
I would like it to be a true 100 runs in 100 days challenge rather than the look at me I can run before AND after work challenge.

Basically, did you run 30min today? Yes, great! you get a gold star. I don't want to hear about how long you went yesterday, so you are going to take a day off. No run, no gold star.

You have a race during the challenge, that's a you problem. Your wife gave birth during the challenge, that's a you problem. You have to travel for work during the challenge, that's a you problem.

After nearly 10 years of streak running including a current streak of 2 years with 3mi/day, I don't want to hear excuses, just shut up and run.

Thanks, I've been keeping that in all year.

dilly, dilly!
Quote Reply
Re: 2017/18 100/100 Run Challenge Airing of the Grievances Thread [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I run every day except Sunday. See that rest days are allowed. Would I simply need to insert a double run day once a week to qualify for honors?
Quote Reply
Re: 2017/18 100/100 Run Challenge Airing of the Grievances Thread [EricTheBiking] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
EricTheBiking wrote:
since I own the SQL query...

you have the power and the glory ;-)

I didn't run 100 times in 2017.. hm
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I love this challenge and I completed 100/100 runs last year. It was very hard and I skipped lots of swims and bikes to make it happen. This year I'll do my own personal 100/100 with a swim bike and/or run every day for 100 days. Not 100 runs. Much more sensible for me, anyway. Plus there are those participants who do 2 runs a day every so often and up with 100+/100 runs which is crazy and sort of cheating. But the crazy is what we sign up for if we want to do triathlons. Keep up the crazy. I want to see someone do 200 runs in 100 days! 100/100 is for the weak!
Safe training to all.
Quote Reply
Re: 2017/18 100/100 Run Challenge Airing of the Grievances Thread [BP9411992] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BP9411992 wrote:
I love this challenge and I completed 100/100 runs last year. It was very hard and I skipped lots of swims and bikes to make it happen. This year I'll do my own personal 100/100 with a swim bike and/or run every day for 100 days. Not 100 runs. Much more sensible for me, anyway. Plus there are those participants who do 2 runs a day every so often and up with 100+/100 runs which is crazy and sort of cheating. But the crazy is what we sign up for if we want to do triathlons. Keep up the crazy. I want to see someone do 200 runs in 100 days! 100/100 is for the weak!
Safe training to all.

200/100 has been done by some guys several times already. My grievance is that you have the audacity to come on this thread and say it is cheating doing double run.....sheesh man, the entire point of a sport focus is to indeed do multiple workouts of the same sport in a day....swimmers do it, runners definitely do it and so do cyclists. This is how you get good in a sport. Tell the Kenyans they are cheating!!!

OK OK, back to the proper airing of the grievances....give us something real people!!!
Quote Reply
Re: 2017/18 100/100 Run Challenge Airing of the Grievances Thread [Alex M] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Alex M wrote:
I run every day except Sunday. See that rest days are allowed. Would I simply need to insert a double run day once a week to qualify for honors?

As far as this challenge is concerned, that's all good. I don't recommend this, but you could run 3x per day and get it done in a month.

-Eric
Quote Reply
Re: 2017/18 100/100 Run Challenge Airing of the Grievances Thread [EricTheBiking] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
EricTheBiking wrote:
Alex M wrote:

As far as this challenge is concerned, that's all good. I don't recommend this, but you could run 3x per day and get it done in a month.

-Eric

Well one could run 100x in one day and get it done if a day had 150 hours given that you need 1.5 to finish a 30 min run and wait 1 hour before starting the next one. Given that a day is 24 hours and a week is 168 hours, for the minimum 150 hour windwo to do 100 runs, you would need 6 days and 6 hours. So you could kind of leave it all for the last week if you wanted to, or get it all done in the first week....whatever floats your boat!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
OK people get the grievances out of the system....it is T minus 13 days!

Hopefully everyone is running reasonably frequently right now and not on a 4 month run taper and then launch immediately into running every day straight into stress fracture land!!!
Quote Reply
Re: 2017/18 100/100 Run Challenge Airing of the Grievances Thread [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:
I don't Strava, nor do I have a GPS watch, so manual entries are fine with me

How lazy are you people that if you can't sync your device to the Log, you won't take a minute to hop over and enter it manually?

I mean, you're already here anyway, right? Afraid you're gonna miss something?

Anyone can make up numbers, and when its an internet challenge like this, I would only trust gps and/or heart rate.

Gps data for outdoor, and treadmill should have heart rate , maybe allow for a few treadmill runs without in case the battery dies, just my 2 cents.

Ill attempt this if the strava sync works. So for 30 min a day that 3 miles on easy days and 4.5 on faster. Whats the best way to approach it for someone going into it with only 20 miles a week (3-4runs) easy day every day or mix it up? Easy every day would be 21 a week but maybe Id get bored. I think treadmill should be at 1%, 0 seems like cheating.
Last edited by: CP78: Dec 2, 17 14:25
Quote Reply
Re: 2017/18 100/100 Run Challenge Airing of the Grievances Thread [CP78] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
To make sure this is fair I want:
1. GPS files
2. HR files
3. All files verified by facial recognition software, you never know who is stealing GPS and strava files.
4. Drug testing.
5. Independent verification of all of the above.
Whaaaaaaaa!
What ever happened to strapping on a watch and running for fun!!!!! 30 minutes is 30 minutes.
Quote Reply
Re: 2017/18 100/100 Run Challenge Airing of the Grievances Thread [driver_ian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lol, true, this is just for fun. But I dont even trust my own results without gps and heart rate. Guess Im ocd
Quote Reply
Re: 2017/18 100/100 Run Challenge Airing of the Grievances Thread [driver_ian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
driver_ian wrote:
To make sure this is fair I want:
1. GPS files
2. HR files
3. All files verified by facial recognition software, you never know who is stealing GPS and strava files.
4. Drug testing.
5. Independent verification of all of the above.
Whaaaaaaaa!
What ever happened to strapping on a watch and running for fun!!!!! 30 minutes is 30 minutes.

My grievance is that Sylvan and Mark Roy are not setting up sporstats timed segments around the world that are automatically uploaded into the ST challenge. That's the only way we know what is honest.....how many times have a good honest ST twitch hunt busted a course cutter with GPS fake files!!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My grievance would be that I allowed myself to get a fatass in the last 9 months through injury, then a few months of work related travel and finished by my own lazyness..

Got a half marathon planned on day 93 (or so).. so time to get my fat ass back in shape and get running!
Quote Reply
Re: 2017/18 100/100 Run Challenge Airing of the Grievances Thread [CP78] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CP78 wrote:
I think treadmill should be at 1%, 0 seems like cheating.

That "treadmill at 1% = flat road" is a myth

https://www.runnersworld.com/...ine-treadmill-debate

https://www.runnersworld.com/...admill-running-myths

https://www.hillrunner.com/jim2/id110.html

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is me since I finished my A race in September.

Not only that but I'm Irish and have to booze consistently over the Christmas period or face the wrath of my friends, family and colleagues. Can't we postpone to Jan 1 and call it our resolutions? How can I cope with the peer pressure both online and IRL?
Quote Reply
Re: 2017/18 100/100 Run Challenge Airing of the Grievances Thread [RonanIRL] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No adjustments to the timeline

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...ost=6158787#p6158787

Quote:
The reason we start on Dec 15th is so that it ends on March 24th. Starting on Dec 15th is "early enough" that the novelty is high and people are motivated right through the holidays...basically the first 2 weeks everyone is super motivated. If I started on Dec 1st, a lot of people will already fall off the bandwagon during holiday eating season. With the start only 1 week before, pretty well everyone makes it through Xmas and New Years trying to get the runs in around family and friends and partying. It's an awesome balance.

Second reason is for many of us who live up North, ending first week of March is "too early"....there is still an entire month of winter. The last 2-3 weeks of the challenge is another phase where many put in a "final push" as they can see the end of the tunnel. This brings them to end of March just in time for a month or two of specificity before race season.

You'll just have to settle with 85 in 85, or double up to make up the "lost" time

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply

Prev Next